Operational Finance Commercial Manager
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting into the Telecoms Managing Director and a joint functional line to both the Finance Director and the Commercial Director. This role manages the operational aspects of the finance and commercial functions for the Business & Civils section of the Virgin Media Motif 3 Contract. The role requires a professional individual who can manage both internal and external stakeholders.
The day-to-day responsibility includes management of the profitability, financial & commercial relationships, line management of the team and management of any commercial matters with the client or subcontractors. Monthly reporting, strong cost management and WIP analysis will be heavily relied upon. The ideal candidate will be a driven self-starter who will get into the detail and be able to cope with a high volume low value transactional business. Attention to detail is key and any adjustments to factual results should be entirely auditable. Managing and developing staff locally and from a distance is a key skill.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Managing the team to ensure they have full knowledge and control of their regions.
· Identifying areas of performance issues and rectify.
· Managing the regional teams as required during holiday/sickness.
Commercial and Financial Management
· Ensuring that jobs are applied for in a timely and accurate manner
· Forecasting and managing cash flow
· Addressing issues and prioritising team work load
· Managing and securing payment for contract variations and contractual claims
· Project risk management, review of contract documentation and contractual correspondence
· Ownership of the contract month end documents, forecasting, cost management and profitability
· Pro-actively working on business development and opportunities
· Reviewing commercial aspects of sub-contract agreements, accounts, interim and final account agreement and claims/dispute management
· Holding relationships with the subcontractors and attending meetings as required.
· Ensuring that commercial, bonus schemes and administrative systems, budgets and cost control procedures are in place and operated correctly across all contract operations
· Ensure all managers, key interface areas within the business are briefed and have sufficient support to monitor and react to budget variances
· CVR reporting for incorporation into monthly management accounts
· Ownership of weekly costs and reporting
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· A degree qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyor or finance professional, ideally Chartered.
· A self-starter with a progressive track record.
· Customer aware and innovative, capable of maximizing contract benefits for mutual and long term benefit.
· Track record of exceeding business targets and KPIs.
· Experienced in setting up and managing all financial &commercial management and reporting systems
· Ability to identify and resolve problems at an early stage.
· Accurate with good attention to detail and highly organized.
· An experienced negotiator and skilled communicator
· Excellent people management experience
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together