|Job Title||Operational Finance Assistant – Tax Centre of Excellence|
|Service Line||Tax Central|
|Service Line Information||KPMG's Tax Centre of Excellence carries out the vast majority of the tax compliance work across the whole UK Firm and comprises over over 300 qualified tax compliance experts and supporting staff. Our vision is to become the most respected compliance team in the UK and help our clients cope with their rapidly changing tax compliance needs. We have 3 main locations in Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham, but also support a large number of remote workers, in short we offer flexibility in our ways of working. Over the next 2 years we are looking to increase both our scope of specialisations and our service offering as well as deploying class leading tax technology to deliver a great service to KPMG's clients.|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
|Job Description||Role |
We are currently looking to recruit a driven and enthusiastic Engagement Finance Administrator on a full time, Monday to Friday permanent contract to be based in TPL (Tax, Pensions & Legal) Managed Services in Glasgow.
Liaising with our Client Service, Tax Technical Teams and Engagement Administrators, the role entails end to end coordination, preparation and completion of the Activity Based Charging, Billing and Suspense Account process for a variety of teams that fall within Tax.
Experience of finance administration would be preferential as the role supports a variety of tax teams around the UK and will have close interaction with stakeholders at all levels.
The role has three main elements; ABC Internal Billing, Suspense Accounts and Client related queries.
Main duties include:
- Preparation and submission of internal billing
- Maintenance and clearing of time and material suspense accounts
- Take ownership for all activity based charging, internal billing and time & material suspense related enquiries
- Review WIP to understand related enquiries
- Creation and maintenance of production codes for domestic and global corporate clients
- Producing, reviewing and distributing reports from SAP data systems.
- Liaise with Client Service Teams, Tax Teams and Finance to clear internal suspense values
- Review and discuss progress and blockers with management
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Good factual communication skills
- Shows good attention to detail
- Good time management and an ability to be organised
- Is adaptable to change and can think ‘on the run’
- Shows analytical thinking and is prepared to solve any problem
- Reacts positively to verbal and written requests for information
- Able to recognise and use common technical systems such as SAP, Excel, Visio, Power Point, etc.
- Previous finance experience along with a knowledge of internal billing and managing suspense accounts would be desired
- Comfortable at all levels of client/stakeholder contact
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
|Applying with a Disability||As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy