Job Description SummaryBD is recruiting an OpEx Industrial Engineer to work in collaboration with the OpEx Team to identify, prioritise and execute improvement activities within process families to drive improvements in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), customer delivery plan adherence, reduce Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and Change-2-Win (C2W) savings.
As OpEx Industrial Engineer you will Interface with Production, Quality, Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources and Worldwide Engineering teams to drive improvements in process performance across the site.
You will analyse local performance measures, such as OEE, and report at an agreed frequency to drive Continuous Improvement within Plant Operation.
As OpEx Industrial Engineer, you will;
- Work with the Operational Excellence Manager and Operational Excellence Leaders to lead allocated BD Production System (BDPS) Components within the Swindon Plant.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and leadership to Team Members and other functional teams in BDPS application and concepts.
- Contribute to Operational Excellence Team reporting requirements.
- Generate and maintain the “Plant Loss Tree”, implementing measurement methodologies to improve reporting accuracy.
- Working in conjunction with Production, define, implement and train/coach teams on Tiered Management System (TMS) boards/reporting within the manufacturing areas.
- Actively contribute to the Site Escalation Process and functional TMS as appropriate.
- Actively contribute to the Operational Excellence TMS process.
- Working in collaboration with Quality, WWE and Production, lead Focus Improve Projects on specific target improvement areas as identified.
- Perform complex Process Optimisation and Capacity Asset Utilisation activities to improve Plant capability and capacity.
- Understand and articulate ‘true cost’ scenarios within the Plant.
- Contribute to engineering solutions including 3D Printing verification trials and design for manufacture.
- Generate complex loss analysis data.
The successful candidate will have a degree in engineering or equivalent experience. You will have a good understanding of Continuous Improvement and its principles. You will have excellent communication skills and be personable and approachable You will be organised, have a high attention to detail, be self-directed and self-motivated, driven, change aware and an effective influencer. You will have great presentation skills and be confident with audiences from C-Level to shop floor.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please APPLY
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our talent community here. emea.jobs.bd.com