This is a fantastic opportunity to join a niche publication as an online journalist. Sentient Life focuses on living an emotionally connected life, providing articles, research and blogs to nurture overall wellbeing and emotional maturity. Connectedness is a philosophy that, through education and daily practise, opens the heart to love, light and positive feelings. It quietens the mind to remove negativity and constraining psychological habits like prejudice, judgement and materialism to finally strip away social conditioning and provide individual and unique identity to everyone. The final step is the promotion of healthy habits that feed our body, through nutrition, fitness and complimentary practises such as yoga.
As a writer for Sentient Life, you will be joining an exclusive family who are incredibly passionate, not just about journalism but the philosophy that the route to a better, happier, more fulfilled life is connectedness. A team of people who aspire to better themselves and those around them.
We do not believe in chaining you to a desk or even making you work set hours. Creativity, just like enlightenment, takes place at moments that are unique to each individual - we do not care whether you want to work at midnight from the Moon. Where you work and how long you work for has absolutely no connection to the amazing content you will produce.
The only commitment you are required to make is that you will submit :
- 1 written article (approximately 1500 words) each week which will be subject matter focused (set by the company each week)
- 1 written article (approximately 750 words) each week which will be a blog-style account of your own journey to creating a more connected life for yourself
- 1 written "deeper interest" article (approximately 3000 words) each month which will be subject matter focused (set by the company each month)
- Attendance at the monthly meeting (see below).
In return for meeting this commitment, you will be paid a flat fee per month so long as your articles are published. Each and every article is reviewed by either the Editor or one of the Sub-Editors and only those that meet the high quality that Sentient Life mandates will be published. As one of our journalists, you will get weekly feedback about your submissions and work 1-2-1 with an experienced Editor to hone your skills and creative output.
Each month there is a company meeting and you will be expected to attend this. They are usually held in London but sometimes in specific locations in Berkshire or Buckinghamshire near where the company’s head office is located.
As one of our expanding areas is Travel, there is an opportunity each month for one of our team to be sent on specific, subject-related, trips including wellness spas, yoga retreats or guided philosophical journeys. The trip will be followed by an article that the team member will be write, reviewing the varied aspects of the trip. This article is not paid but the trip is an all expenses-paid trip.
OUR IDEAL JOURNALIST
To become part of our exclusive family you will need to :
- demonstrate incredible passion about this area as well as be personally invested in creating a better life for yourself. You should either practice already, or be committed to start practising, daily routines to nurture Connectedness in your life.
- possess a passion, knowledge and voice through which your articles will educate, inspire, inform and enlighten our readers.
- be able to commit to the weekly and monthly submissions and the company meeting.
- have at least 12 months recent experience of writing and/or expressing themselves within this subject area.
The following outlines the application process. If any of the steps below in the First Phase are not completed, your application will not be accepted. At the end of each phase, there will be a selection process and the successful candidates will go through to the next phase :
Complete your application using the button below.
As this is an online journalism role, you are expected to promote your articles and the site. To allow us to check your online presence please add the profile www.facebook.com/HRDMG as a Facebook friend. THIS STEP IS MANDATORY. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN THE AUTOMATIC REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION.
Please send your CV to demonstrate your writing experience
Submit a sample article of between 250 and 500 words on a given subject related to Sentient Life. You will have 1 week to submit it. The article will be assessed for quality, tone, knowledge and passion.
Face to face interview