On Call Advisor
Hours: 7 hours per week over a 2 week rota
Shifts: Wednesday 18:00 - 23:00 and Sunday - 06:30 - 14:00 orSaturday 18:00 - 23:00 and Sunday 13:00 - 23:00
At Somerset Care, our values and culture is what makes us different. It is the culmination of all the things we do and the way we do them that makes us a very special company to work for.
We have a role available in our Out of Hours Team based in Taunton at the hub of Somerset Care’s operation during weekends, evenings and Bank Holidays. As an On Call Advisor, you will play an integral part in managing the communications. You must be extremely personable as you will be liaising with all staff and clients during the on call period to ensure all our valued Clients needs are met. This role is extremely fast paced and requires someone truly dedicated and able to remain positive and professional when working under pressure.
To join our team we are looking for:
- Planning and organising changes in the work of our carers in the most effective and efficient manner taking into account time critical calls, whilst maintaining as much continuity of care for customers as possible.
- Ensuring that CQC national minimum standards are met.
- Communicating effectively with staff, customers and relevant partner agencies in order to maintain a quality driven service.
- Ensuring all calls taken are dealt with and concluded, raising any appropriate issues to the Business Manager and recording the on the relevant systems.
- Responding effectively, using Somerset Care policies, to urgent situations e.g. Contacting District nurses, GP and other partner agencies, Safeguarding issues and No Response calls.
- Supporting the planning of staff by making suggestions for improvements to rotas to increase their effectiveness.
- Working with the Team Manager to ensure referrals are acted upon effectively, within contracted timescales
- Ensuring staff absence/amendments during the out of hours period are recorded appropriately on Home Care Roster and that any planned absences are referred to the Team Manager during office hours.
- Keeping the IT system fully up to date with any occurrence during the shift.
What you’ll need:
- Customer care experience
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Good IT skills
- To work flexibility across shift patterns
- Good organisational skills to prioritise your work
- To work as part of a team to support our care staff to make a difference to our customers
There are many employee benefits that we offer at Somerset Care; we value and invest in our people and will support you to grow and develop your skills and knowledge.
We believe in the financial wellness of our employees and as such we are pleased to announce that we have partnered with wagestream so you can now access your earned wages into your bank account before payday if needed, please ask the Recruitment Team for more information on this.
If you would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application, or to find out more, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01823 448321.
Somerset Care,so much morerewarding. Do more than a job, change a life………