OHL Design Engineer- required for our client a well-established consultancy are currently looking for an OHL Structural Engineer to join their team based in Derby. They provide engineering professional services to the electricity sector and specialise in the design and survey or overhead lines underground cables and substation systems.
The ideal Design Engineer will have experience in detailed engineering design for Electricity Transmission and Distribution Projects and Steel Mast/Tower Design experience with good knowledge of relevant Industry and National specifications and legislation. The most successful Engineer will be providing on-site technical solutions to engineering problems that mitigate program slippage whilst producing and checking engineering designs that are compliant with standards and specifications.
OHL Design Engineer Position Overview
- Responsible for the design and delivery of projects of overhead lines and all other associated equipment
- Working on Foundation, Conductors, Conductor Systems, Structural Design, both concept and detailed design.
- Preparation, checking and submission of Design Intent Documents, Design Criteria Reports,
- Work alongside Lead Engineers and Principal Designers.
- Work in line with all legislation particularly Health & Safety and CDM.
- Review method statement and risk assessments,
- Ensure designs are properly implemented at every stage of the project a
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
OHL Design Engineer Position Requirements
- BEng or MEng degree within a suitable discipline
- 5 years post graduate engineering experience, within the electricity transmission and distribution industry.
- Experience with Design analysis packages such as PLS Tower and PLS CADD
- Commercial awareness including quality systems/standards, financials/budgeting and timescales
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Travel within the UK and also overseas to meet clients and contractors
- Working towards membership of a Professional Institution
OHL Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary: £35k to £40k.
- 21 days holiday (+BH) rising to 25 days
- 5% employer contribution pension
- Training and Development
- Joining a well-established and secure company
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
35,000.00 - 40,000.00 per year