- To ensure that statutory and other provisions governing or affecting the running of the Council are observed.
- To monitor and balance the Council's accounts and prepare records for audit purposes.
- To ensure that the Council's obligations for Risk Assessment are properly met.
- To prepare, in consultation with the Chairman, agendas for meetings of the Council (12 ordinary meetings per year) and the Annual Parish Meeting. To attend such meetings and promptly prepare minutes for approval. To also prepare monthly agendas for the Finance Committee and Planning Committee and attend such meetings and prepare the minutes for approval.
- To receive and deal with correspondence and documents on behalf of the Council or bring such items to the attention of the Council. To issue correspondence arising from instructions of, or the known policy of, the Council.
- To receive, issue and report on invoices for goods and services bought or supplied by the Council and to ensure payments are made and received as required. To prepare and manage the budget in conjunction with Council and prepare all accounts for monthly review as well as the annual return.
- To draw up, both on own initiative and upon suggestions by Councillors, proposals for consideration by the Council and to advise on practicability and likely effects of specific courses of action.
- To monitor the implemented policies of the Council to ensure they are achieving the desired result and where appropriate suggest modifications.
- To act as Line Manager for the other members of staff within the office, carrying out appraisals, distributing workload and any basic HR issues in conjunction with the outsourced HR company
- To be a first point of contact with all members of the public, contractors and suppliers
Part time Office Manager - Council desired experience and skill set
- Great office management experience to include minute taking, meeting arrangements,, prepare agendas, handle enquiries
- Comfortable using user friendly accountancy software to manage invoices, payments, work orders and budget management across the council
- Local public sector and government experience would be great but not essential as strong administration experience is key to run the administration team of the council day to day and add value in PA, Administrative and finance tasks.
- Flexible approach able to commit to 25 hours per week but also attend preplanned evening and weekend commitments paid at x2 pay rate.
- Compliance and legal experience is not required as someone will need a diligent approach to ensure all regulations and policies are maintained and upheld across the local council
- Willingness to learn the role and undertake regular training
25 hours per week, working from the Parish Council Office based in the near Hinxton with the Office opening hours to the public are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9am-12pm. X2 Overtime pay rate for evenings and weekends
This 25 hours per week Part time Office Manager is a 12 month contract for this Public sector and government organisation who will be managing the councils office administration and assisting to run the day to day financials of the council office based locally to Hinxton in South Cambridge.