Kier Strategic Highways are currently recruiting for an Office Manager to join the Area 9 Highways Maintenance contract
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group with 88 UK offices and over 22,000 employees. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
- Management / co-ordination of all office and facilities requirements within all the 3 floors of the McLaren Building.
- Workshop arrangements – booking, admin and reporting as required.
- Assistance with co-ordination of other Area 9 events both at central and depot locations
- Administrative and rollout support for Strategic documents
- Co-ordination of Area 9-wide depot admin processes / procedures / noticeboards etc
- To support sustainability agenda - recycling, charity efforts, social impact register
- Provision of support to the Senior Management Team – preparation of monthly reports / booking of strategic meetings / SMT Surgeries / monitoring of SMT actions /
- To ensure that the requirements of the Gifts & Hospitality Register are fully complied with
- Liaison with the corporate team to co-ordinate Area 9 input into award & bid submissions
- To provide support to the training team (local and national) as required.
- Kier Senior Leadership Team Support as required
- Line Manager for 2 Admin/Reception Apprentices (to be split across the 3 floors and 3 business streams)
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A proven track record of working in an office based environment managing a number of individuals/projects as required.
- An enthusiastic approach to working in a growing and changing environment.
- An ability to ‘get on with the job in hand’ and make things happen.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.