This role will be responsible for the successful delivery across all aspects of hard and soft service delivery including project management of maintenance and refurbishment works, ensuring full statutory compliance, management of all vendors, leading the on-site team and ensuring financial management of the budget for UK (Shaftesbury Avenue & Elsenham/Herts) sites. Placing employee experience at the core of all aspects of the day-to-day operation. Provide the primary customer interface with the leaders on the site.
The main location of this role is Elsenham (Herts/Essex border) with occasional travel to the central london office.
What you will do:
- Building Maintenance and Project Management - Responsible for contract management and tendering process to drive cost efficiency and value for money. Checking that work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily. Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives and managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities. Drive and deliver the scope of works to ensure projects are delivered in time, budget, quality.
- Property Management - Engaging with the relevant building/lease management companies to obtain the relevant permissions and approvals. Responsible for ensuring FM is represented during any fit-out, relocation or refurbishment project and that sites are operationally ready for occupation.
- Soft Services - Directing, coordinating and planning essential services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, couriers, taxis, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling. Working with EIS to ensure that meeting rooms and communications facilities are operational at all times. Ensure that meeting rooms and communal spaces are maximised and that the office environment is professional and well maintained. Responsible for the maintenance of stationary supplies.
- Office Space Management - Proactive and timely planning of the best allocation and utilisation of space and resources and re-organising current premises where necessary. This would include proactive management and leading change with desk allocation and reorganisation.
- Health & Safety - Ensure the buildings meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation. Be the Lead contact person for the local management , Fire Marshall and First Aider taking responsibility for recruiting and coordinating training for other employees to meet requirements.
- Policies, Procedures & Reporting - Responsible for drafting, maintaining and communicating office and facilities related policies and procedures including Health & Safety. Responsible for the implementation, execution and maintenance of the Disaster Recovery Plan and future business continuity plans as necessary. Produce monthly activity and cost reports and 1/4ly reports on key KPI's.
- General - Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise, dealing with consequences and advising the relevant stakeholders. Conduct in house training as needed. May need to work evening and weekends dependent on the needs of the business to support with any out of hours refurbishments/works or office moves and in case of emergencies/call outs. May be required to present. Manage the Office and Facilities budget and seek approvals for spend as necessary.
What you will need:
- Property, Facilities Management and/or Building Services related qualification (BIFM Qual, BSc) preferred technical or engineering discipline
- Health & Safety Qualified (IOSH or NEBOSH preferred) essential or immediate post employment training and certification
- Membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. BIFM, IFMA or RICS) would be an advantage
- Extensive facilities/project management experience with some experience in cosmetics, food production and office environment
- Good technical knowledge (including construction, heating, air conditioning, plant rooms, lighting), managing contractual SLAs, KPIs
- Robust team management experience (including developing staff and performance management)
- Proven experience of delivering high quality work in a similar role
- Tough resilient individual, able to manage the high expectations of stakeholders
- A track record of having improved services and output through managing third party contracts
- Role will be required to travel between sites and should spend on average 3 days in Shaftesbury Avenue and 2 days in Green Street per week, based on business needs
- Drive for Results - Proactive, self-motivated and takes ownership for delivery against responsibilities
- Service Orientated - Dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with an eye for detail
- Communication Skills - Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal
- Project Management - planning, management and execution
- Organisation Skills - Able to multi task and coordinate and organise self and others
- Resourceful - Ability to problem solve and use own initiative and think outside of the box
- Relationship Builder - Able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers
Who we are: Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high quality products and services that make the life of our consumers and customers more beautiful. In the region Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Kao focuses on premium beauty brands across three distinct sectors: Kao Salon Division, Premium Mass and our London based boutique brand Molton Brown.
How we work: Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 13 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer: A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit https://www.kao.com/emea/en/