Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe diseases. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Insights to Impact (I2I) department, in the United Kingdom we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Operational Excellence Solutions Manager.
As part of UCB’s sustained and strategic commitment to patients, the company will continue to focus on fact-based decision making. To enable this, three Insights-to-Impact functions have been established, which are acting as independent sparring partners to our Go-To-Market, Research & Development and Supply & Technology teams. The I2I functions will be providing insights and drive transversal resource reallocation challenges while performing business planning.
The European I2I Go-To-Market team will contribute to optimization of our regional Performance Management in collaboration with the EU Leadership teams. This will happen through finance business partnering, data driven decision making, European and local generation of insights and competitive intelligence as well as systems and field force operations support.
As the Operational Excellence Solutions Manager, you like to work in an environment where you will:
- Be part of and contribute to multiple UCB product launches during the upcoming years
- Interact and cooperate with all relevant stakeholders within your geographic area
- Act as member of a European team
- Impact on Go-To-Market and Commercial, Medical and Market Access local strategy execution by customer facing teams
As the Operational Excellence Solutions Manager, you will contribute by:
Closed Loop Relationship Management (CLRM) Subject Matter Expert and Interface
- Being recognized as a business partner and go-to person by the Commercial, Medical, Market Access and back office stakeholders within your area to resolve business opportunities & challenges related to I2I-G2M systems & processes
- Managing systems & process challenges raised by local employees by connecting with I2I teams and external vendors where required and communicate solutions
- Providing area business requirements to the European CLRM and Reporting teams and act as partner during the development & release process
- Co-leading territory management activities in collaboration with Sales Ops/external vendor
Data Quality Management
- Monitor & Maintain Account / Health Care Organization & Activity data quality and take corrective action where required
- Support the Data Privacy and Consent Management process (opt-in/out)
- Activate new/changed employee profiles and data access rights for any CLRM user
Reporting and Analytics
- Develop a solid knowledge base of relevant external ecosystem dynamics, PVU strategy and internal stakeholder needs, to create actionable objectives and deliver insights against the right context
- Creation and/or modification of local reports for customer facing teams and management
- Support deployment & maintenance of Digital/OmniChannel stakeholder journeys and campaigns for activated communication channels
- Act as CLRM coordinator for customer segmentation & targeting and marketing content services
- Ensure timely roll out of OCCP as preparation for each promo cycle
- Interface for Event Management processes with the regional solution leads organization
Training and Adoption
- Onboarding and training initiatives for new/existing users in cooperation with local trainer(s) across the relevant applications (main focus ORBIT & Qlik)
- Analyze & monitor user adoption ongoing and drive local actions in cooperation with European/regional teams
- Active contributor within the I2I G2M team & networks
- Act as intermediate source by leveraging relevant information from the EU organization towards your area and vice versa
Interested? For this position, you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- 5 Years experience within the pharmaceutical industry within commercial, medical, market access and/or marketing
- Solid analytical skills, ability to consolidate data sets and insights generation for management review & structured thinking
- Drive change management initiatives with ability to handle risk and uncertainty comfortably, learning from both successes and failures
- Interest in technology and related applications (Salesforce/Veeva-CRM experience)
- Demonstrated project management skills (negotiation, planning, time management, monitoring, etc.)
- Effective communication and presentation skills, including solid English language capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to network effectively
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Solution & service oriented, innovative and creative with focus on delivering customer value and impact
- Willingness to travel up to 20-30%
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
UCB- Inspired by Patients. Driven by Science. Everything we do starts with a simple question: “How will this create value for people living with severe diseases?” By putting patients at the heart of what we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees and operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.