Role: Nursery Practitioner
Location: Greenwich, London – SE10 ORF
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 p.a. + great benefits
Little Details Day Care Nursery is a new setting opening soon in Greenwich, providing high quality care and education. Our ethos is the curiosity approach with lots of open ended resources and in the moment planning.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated staff to join our family and we are happy to announce we have an exciting new open role for a Nursery Practitioner.
About the Nursery Practitioner role goals:
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery
- To ensure all children are safeguarded and their welfare and safety is promoted
- To give support to other team members throughout the nursery
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
- Work with and support children
- Work as part of a team
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with parents.
Nursery Practitioner requirements:
- Previous experience
- Have a good understanding of EYFS
- Level 2 or 3 in childcare or equivalent (salary will be dependent on education and experience)
Our Successful Candidate will be responsible to:
Nursery Manager/Team Leader
Nursery Practitioner duties and responsibilities
- Operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- To follow the nursery safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent evening, fundraising events etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Duty Manager has initialled the report before parents receives it
- Look upon the nursery, as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised? Be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children
- Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent collects the child
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
Nursery Practitioner specific childcare tasks
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit each individual child's stage of development and interests
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person
- To ensure that meal times are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Ensuring a poorly child is kept calm and warm and management is notified immediately
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times, both within work hours and outside
In return, we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Continuous Training, with three inset days during working hours.
- Time in lieu for over time for evening or weekends
- Free meal
- 20 Days annual leave and after 2 years of service extra day annual leave per year.
**To be considered for the role of Nursery Practitioner please submit your CV today via the APPLY button below**
+ great benefits