Vitality, Nurse Medical Examiner, Home Based – West Sussex, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business
Our Nurse Medical Examiner will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- Our award winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Vitality Partners and Rewards – Apple Watch, Ocado, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more.
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions and awards – a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our Nurse Medical Examiner you will you will be responsible for obtaining the medical information on a variety of conditions i.e. undertaking screenings and sample testing by means of blood, urine and saliva. Including additional services detailing, medical Telephone Questionnaires, Member Health Checks, Wellness Days and Advanced Health Assessments. Daily travel is required to customers’ homes or places of work covering a specific geographic area.
You will work a 37.5 hour week across 5 days with an alternating Saturday rota (shifts between 8-4, 12-8) and you will be required to travel within your territory. A degree of flexibility is required.
Responsibilities of our Nurse Medical Examiner include:
- You will be required to conduct client screening appointments at their home or work location
- When your schedule has availability you will be allocated a range of Tele medical Interviews from your home location
- Liaising with customers, our underwriters and operational team to promote health and wellbeing in a professional but informal manner
- Manage client expectations in line with company policies and procedures
- Planning, organising and prioritising your workload/equipment to meet your day to day activities
- Work in collaboration with concierge based in South Africa to manage your appointments and diary
- Take accountability of every case, you will conduct physical examinations and collect samples for insurance applicants and healthcare customers
- Promoting good health
Skills and Experience required of our Nurse Medical Examiner:
- You must be a fully qualified nurse registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Full driving licence is essential
- You should have a broad range of nursing experiences, medical knowledge and be experienced in phlebotomy and competent to work independently
- You must be computer literate and able to work independently with drive, enthusiasm and resilience
- Empathy and sensitivity to clients’ needs and concerns
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Working for Vitality as a Nurse Medical Examiner you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Friday 21st June 2019
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Nurse Medical Examiner please click ‘apply’ today.