From Nurse to Claims Assessor – Group Income Protection
Agile (2 days home working) / Brighton
MetLife are looking to appoint a fully qualified Nurse, however this is not a Nursing job. This is a group income protection claims assessor role (otherwise known as a claims executive) that will use your experience as a Nurse but in a commercial life insurance setting.
We will expand and develop your career in a new field. We can offer agile working, Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm on a full time permanent hours, split 2 days from home and 3 in Brighton (after initial settling in period). You do not have to live in Brighton to enjoy a successful and highly rewarding career with us, here at MetLife UK.
As a Claims Assessor, MetLife will provide you with a highly desirable benefits package and compensation bundle, which includes market leading annual bonus. In return of a great salary, bonus and working culture we would like you to contribute to the proactive management of claims administered by MetLife, providing reassurance to customers through service excellence and accuracy of work, whilst developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers. Your qualifications and experience as a Nurse will greatly benefit our customers and their end users.
The Nurse Claims Assessor key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate assessment, decision making, settlement and communication of non-straightforward or complex Employee Benefits and Individual Protection Claims from beginning to end. These claims will be from our Group income protection and life insurance products.
- Visiting claimants and having face to face meetings with the employer if and when required
- Acts independently within agreed authority and service levels. Decision making authority is an essential requirement.
- Provide exceptional levels of customers service to policyholders, clients and intermediaries in a professional and friendly manner.
- Manage the claims relationship for all customers within agreed portfolio.
- Ensuring all aspects of the claims function, including complaints are dealt with in accordance with all compliance, CBI, FCA, TCF and legal requirements.
- Identifying and investigating potential non-disclosure claims.
- Identifying and investigating potential fraudulent claims.
- Identify process issues and propose solutions for improvement within agreed business framework.
- Liaising with the Chief Medical Officer, underwriters and external service providers to ensure all appropriate information is obtained to assist in the assessment and ongoing management of claims.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with Reinsurers in order to maximise recovery from reinsurance contracts.
- Participation on claims project and change work as and when required.
- Provides claim sign off for colleagues.
- Might manage claim appeals within agreed process and authority level.
Claims Executive Essential Business Experience Required
- RGN or RMN
- Nursing experience with Mental or Musculoskeletal understanding
Claims Executive Essential Business Skills Required
- Able to quickly transition to a new sector, gaining experience and exposure in handling relevant claims, specifically Group Income Protection and Life claims.
- You will be able to demonstrate medical understanding which will allow you to be able to undertake claim assessments and decision making.
- Confidence in communicating claim decisions via the telephone and in writing.
- Articulation and eye for detail; to be capable (with existing experience or after training) of quality checking and giving feedback on the work of others.
- A fondness for learning; you should have a willingness to study towards professional qualifications which MetLife will sponsor.
- Knowledge of Medical or Scheme Underwriting would be beneficial.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 111282
MetLife UK are proud of our interests outside of our core business. Here's a few that might interest you too.