Job Title: Night Support Worker
Location: Dunfermline, Fife
Salary: £21,078 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time - 39 hours per week
Closing Date: 17th July 2020
Interview Date: 22nd July 2020
Do you share our commitment to supporting positive change in people's lives?
Ypeople has over 200 staff and volunteers and supports hundreds of people every day in our homelessness, young people's wellbeing and out of school care services.
We are recruiting for a Night Support Worker for our Fife - Carriview services, which are based in Dunfermline. This service provides a therapeutic community and safe environment for children and young people aged 14+ in its residential service.
An immediate start (after pre-employment checks) is desirable for this post.
How you will make a difference:
- Develop positive, respectful and compassionate relationships with all support staff, wider staff teams and those we support, focusing on their strengths and aspirations as individuals
- Ensuring person-centred planning and unconditional positive regard is undertaken
- Ensuring the accommodation service is maintained with the safety of the children and young people in mind
- Actively practicing person-centred planning and unconditional positive regard
- Taking a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) approach
- Ensuring a safe environment for the people we support, colleagues and others including a high standard of accommodation is provided
- Advocating on behalf of those we support
- Compiling and reviewing risk assessments as needed
- Having detailed knowledge of other relevant services and signposting or referring service users when required
- Ensuring support needs of the children and young people we support are being met
What you will bring:
- Personal values aligned with Ypeople's core values
- Qualified or willing to work towards SVQ 3 Social Services (Children and Young People)
- Experience of working within a similar environment providing support to young people and children
- Understanding of issues surrounding young people transitioning from care
- A commitment to championing the rights of those who we support
- Commitment to provide a culture of safety, fairness and inclusiveness
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, company pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance
- Generous annual leave entitlement (6 weeks in the first year rising to 8 weeks from the second)
- Excellent development opportunities (access to varied training and qualifications)
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and you will be redirected to the careers page to complete your application.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Night Support Worker, Support Worker, Homelessness Support Worker, Homelessness Support Assistant, Homelessness worker, Young Person Support Worker, Youth Support, Enabler, Support Assistant, Social Care, Social Worker, Vulnerable Adult, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Adult Support Worker, Vulnerable Group Support, Social Outreach Officer, NVQ2, SVQ2 may also be considered for this role.
21,078.00 - 21,078.00 per year