Night Shift Support Worker
Ridgepark and Clannalba Area Services
£11.44 per hour
Full Time/Part Time
Our client is an organisation dedicated to enriching the lives of people with autism. Their mission is to enable autistic people to lead happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
In this role, you will be an integral member of the support team, contributing to and ensuring a high quality of care and support for individuals on the autism spectrum and/ or with complex needs. Support will be provided on a needs-assessed basis and will reflect the ethos of promoting independence and personal choice, ensuring service users receive the physical, practical and emotional support to meet their needs.
Suitable candidates will have an appropriate qualification for this position such as an SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare or be willing to work towards attaining this qualification. Previous experience of working in a relevant field is desirable, but not essential as full training is provided.
Our client needs people who share the following values with them:
- Collaboration – they work with others and value their opinions
- Compassion – they work with each other and their service users with care and kindness
- Change makers – they never stand still, they move positively forward, always focused on quality and being the best
- Contribution – they love what they do, they never lose sight of their purpose and the difference they make in society
They need reliable staff who can work flexibly over 7 days. You will have good interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to communicate effectively. Some practical experience using Microsoft software packages such as MS Word and Excel would also be beneficial to this role.
Our client will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 32 days’ holiday for full-time hours (which increases with your length of service)
- Long service awards
- HSF Health Cash Plan, for a monthly premium (from £7.75) you & your family can claim back expenses for dental, optical and other health care expenses
- Employee benefits offering discounts to high street shops, cinemas and gym memberships
- Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme
- Workplace pension
- Sector leading training from day one including fully funded support to complete your necessary SVQ Level 3
- The opportunity to be part of one of the leading innovators in autism practice in the UK
Please note, our client operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. Candidates who have not received written confirmation within two weeks of the closing date for the position should then consider themselves unsuccessful.
These posts are subject to a PVG Disclosure check.
Please note, all new employees must register with the SSSC within 6 months of starting in post. After registration, there is a requirement to be qualified within 3 years.
Closing Date: 12th December 2019
Our client encourages and welcomes applications from people with lived experience of autism.
Valuing diversity and promoting equal opportunities is at the heart of their vision, mission and values.
To apply for the role of Night Shift Support Worker, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Care Assistant, Junior Care Worker, Trainee Support Worker, Junior Support Worker, Care Support Worker, or Trainee Autism Practitioner.
£Competitive Benefits: £Competitive