Newly qualified Accountant – Restructuring
Alvarez & Marsal
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is the leading independent global professional services firm. We deliver world-leading performance improvement and advisory consulting – for restructuring, transformation, and healthy company situations. This allows organisations to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action.
A&M’s European business has over 800 staff offering a broad range of professional services including: Transaction Advisory, Performance Improvement, Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax, Valuations, and Disputes and Investigation Services.
The regulatory changes impacting audit practices in the U.K. and Europe are having a significant impact on the Restructuring practices of the Big 4 accounting firms. Identifying this as an opportunity for growth, A&M is expanding its Restructuring practice with the stated aim of quickly becoming the first global, independent, full service Restructuring advisor.
Our Restructuring practice is winning and delivering work at a rapid pace and we have recently opened a new office in Birmingham, as part of our strategic expansion into the UK regional market. We are recruiting talented individuals to join us in this new expanding office at Associate level.
We are looking for a newly qualified accountant from Audit with a strong desire to progress their career in Restructuring advisory and/or Insolvency to be based in our office in Birmingham.
Successful candidates will gain an exceptional range of experience, working on assignments across the restructuring spectrum including:
- Short term cash flow modelling
- Capital structure analysis
- Independent Business Reviews (IBR)
- Contingency planning
- Formal insolvency
In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in business development activities including, identifying potential clients who may need support, the creation of client pitches and proposals to win new mandates.
The ideal candidate will be;
- ACA or ACCA qualified, with a strong academic track record
- Trained within a Big 4 or a regional professional services firm
- Demonstrate the desire to build on their existing skill set and develop additional knowledge of all restructuring offerings
- As part of a highly skilled team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on multiple and challenging engagements while gaining broad industry exposure. They will benefit from established formal training in addition to ‘on the job’ learning and development
- The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to use the commercial aspects of your financial analysis skills while performing IBRs, short term cash flow and contingency planning assignments
- All team members are encouraged to internally and externally network, both with our other service lines and with the wider Midlands business community.
In addition to the skills and qualities detailed above, the desired candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes:
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and uncertain environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, confident and impactful presenter;
- Commercially minded and able to demonstrate innovation to difficult problems;
- Objective, fact-based approach to problem solving;
- Teams well and enjoys working as part of a group;
- Driven by values and integrity, talks straight, builds confidence and leads by example.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.