New Business Sales Executive upto £80k basic +comm (London)
Our client provide intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. They deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This role is responsible for growing business by leading the customer/prospect strategy, achieving sales quotas and maintaining a robust pipeline with predictable long term success.
This position will have a dual focus on acquiring new business and managing / renewing a territory of existing ‘target’ customers.
- Drives revenue growth of products and solutions by meeting or exceeding both new sales and retention quotas.
- Responsible for identifying potential sales and retention opportunities and creating campaigns for field teams to engage specific firms.
- Advocates product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered through client activity to appropriate internal resources, including relevant business issues.
- Utilizes knowledge of business and workflows to determine and position value-added solutions offering to promote business growth in the firm and to increase sales and customer retention.
- Actively seeks competitive information and distributes as appropriate so as to develop sales strategies.
- Participates in pre-sales calls, create and deliver customized presentations (in person or online), provide written proposals and subject-matter expertise for solutions products for individual deals.
- Ensures a successful transition post-sale to the necessary teams to enable successful implementation, training and product adoption.
- Operates as an integral member of the sales team, contributing skills and knowledge to account plans.
- May assist in training client on products via conference calls and in person trainings to drive product knowledge and sales.
Scope & Impact
- Responsible for attainment of net sales and revenue quotas for assigned territory.
- May work with higher value accounts with longer sales cycles.
- This is an individual contributor role and does not have people management responsibilities.
- Advocate and subject matter expert within specified area.
- Responsible for selling across all product offerings.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Expert knowledge of the overall business, includes a broad market understanding and strong understanding of customers' business model.
- Understands and can apply complex sales process.
- Able to apply product knowledge and sales skills to advance the sales process, from probing and conducting a needs analysis, to developing a package for the customer, continuing through to the sale.
- Can clearly and winningly position complex technical information in written and oral methods.
- Able to manage a large territory and partner effectively with sales colleagues to advance sales and achieve territory quota.
- Exhibits expert product knowledge and understands all related products and services.
- Demonstrates broad aptitude for how technologies are utilized in customer firms.
- Highly effective communication, presentation and research skills.
- Fully competent in Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Ability to use a wide variety of technology to aid in the sales process.
Relationships: Internal / External
- Key external relationships are with existing clients, prospective clients and industry and market groups.
- Key internal relationships are with other team members, technical and customer support groups along with the face to face account management capability, where relevant.