What you’ll be doing...
In today’s rapidly transforming environment, we design, build, and operate the networks, information systems, and mobile technologies that help businesses and governments around the globe expand reach, increase productivity, improve agility, and maintain longevity. Our solutions across 5G, Connected Machines, Intelligent Networking and Mobile Workforce are designed to help enterprises pursue new possibilities and create entirely new revenue streams – more efficiently than ever. Our portfolio of solutions effortlessly meets the demands and challenges shaping technology and business today. We believe that businesses and individuals empowered by technology can change the world. We create solutions with that belief in mind; we perpetually challenge ourselves to enable, advance, and pave the way for new possibilities across a variety of industries.Our business customers have ever-increasing demands and expectations, and we work tirelessly to meet or exceed them.
We have an opportunity for a Network and Voice Engineer to join our team based in London to be responsible for the installation, commissioning, repair, preventative maintenance and customer support activities within Verizon node sites, Datacentres and customer premises.
You will be maintaining the voice and data network they rely on to stay up and running. Thanks to you, our customer will rest easy knowing they don’t need to worry about staying connected—because you’re on top of that.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Work as scheduled and directed by the Regional Network Centre (RNC)
- To carry out routine operations and maintenance of site equipment to the manufacturer’s/Verizon guidelines, to fulfil Verizon health of site requirements (HOS).
- To install and commission network equipment in UK Verizon technical, customer and Datacentre locations.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers by performing fault identification, diagnostics and correction on reported faults and technical support requests.
- Assemble, install and commission customer premises (CTE and CPE) and network equipment to the correct standards and adhering to the correct processes and procedures.
- Timely and accurate completion of activity and time reporting in Verizon designated systems as directed.
- Perform International and metro circuit testing to required standards and within service delivery performance target criteria.
- Perform preventative maintenance routines on both network and technical facilities equipment.
- Submission of method statements and risk assessments according to customer requirements as required.
- Support all out of hours activities for both demand and MASTARS requests.
- To ensure no provocative actions are taken which result in loss of service.
- To ensure that Senior Management is informed of any major Incident.
- Compliance to all relevant H&S requirements, operational and training policies and procedures at all times.
After an initial warm up period you will be required to either join Shift pattern or emergency call out team.
To carry any necessary business required accreditation specified at all times e.g. NGRID/CSCS
What we’re looking for...
Qualifications: Higher education qualification in a relevant technology orientated subject.
Technical ability: Demonstrates fundamental basic knowledge and understanding in 2 or more of the following area’s: IP, Data, Transmission, Voice Switching, WAN/LAN technology and/or networking equipment.
Customer Service: Demonstrates the ability to remain customer focused and the importance of exceeding customer expectations.
Team Work: Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently as per clearly communicated planned assignments and timeframes. Able to contribute to the teams overall results.
Problem Solving: Employs a structured approach to questioning and adopts a logical troubleshooting methodology.
Demonstrates the ability to diagnose / resolve issues.
Health and Safety awareness.
Communication: Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English.
Time Management: Demonstrates an ability to execute planned activities within expected timeframes.
- Networking certification (i.e. CCNA/JNCIA)
- Experience within a field operations environment of a mobile or telecommunications network provider.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices within an operational environment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.