Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centres and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centres. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
We have a critical need for a Network Engineer, to be based out of our Adderbury office but covering other corporate locations.
The primary responsibilities for this individual would be to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing network infrastructure in our corporate office and other sites as applicable. This is a key position in our Network and Telecommunications team within our Infrastructure group, which is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, and highly available network capabilities, allowing us to meet our business objectives. This is an attractive position for someone with a passion for networking and telecommunications, who is excited about the opportunity to wear multiple hats in a highly visible setting.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain network performance by building net configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Maintain operational standards for all networking functions across Dematic Enterprise
- Perform important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly-defined issues.
- Refer semi-complex, unusual problems to others.
- Identify and resolves readily identifiable, clearly-defined problems.
- Participate in semi-complex technical assistance and resolutions for personal computers and or telecommunication equipment
- You may support loading and verifying correct operation of software packages, such as operating system, word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Provide training and technical assistance to users
To apply for this exciting role you should have / demonstrate evidence of:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above
- Strong working knowledge of IP networking fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience in the application of IP protocols and process management
- Competency with major internet routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, MPLS, EIGRP and ISIS
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco switch and router platforms
- Working knowledge of network analysis fundamentals
- Ability to troubleshoot, specifically in network performance analysis
- Being able to work independently, in a highly matrixed and remote organization
- Being very detail oriented and possess strong written/verbal communication skills and documentation skills (including Visio diagrams)
- Experience and background in QoS, IPAM, Network Monitoring, load-balancers and AAA would be beneficial
- Willing to provide support off-hours and be willing to participate in an on-call rotation or escalated Help Desk
- Demonstrate a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments
- Successfully applying knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Must have experience of customer interfacing while problem solving through resolution and be able to operate under pressure
- Tools such as Orion/DNA Centre/ISE/Prime experience preferred
- WLAN and LAN experience preferred