Job Title: NETWORK ADMINSTRATOR
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Supervisory Responsibilities: This Position Has Direct Reports
Exemption Status: Exempt, Salaried, Not Overtime Eligible
The Network Administrator maintains a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The individual in this position will deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety first, in everything we do. Consistently follow all safety rules and precautions
- Complete all training requests by Company and perform such training in accordance with the requirements of Company
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Maintain database integrity for NetSuite
- Identify and resolve breakdowns in data flow from external data systems to NetSuite or any other applicable DBMS
- Assist NetSuite end users with resolving issues surrounding database design and function
- Manage LAN – TCP/IP, Ethernet, WAN, WLAN, B2B VPN, Network Monitoring and Network Security
- Maintain network maps and documentation
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards for network
- Ensure network uptime – utilising redundant links, redundant power and disaster recovery plans.
- Assist in implementation and troubleshooting of remote access solutions, configuration and maintenance of LAN-to-LAN VPN’s, implementation and maintenance of wireless solutions
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP Ethernet networks and networking components.
- Firewall, router, switch, and hub configuration and maintenance
- Implementation and maintenance of logging and auditing systems
- Web use monitoring, filtering and reporting
- Computer hardware and software installation, modification and repair
- Oversee and supports setup and troubleshooting of VOIP phone system
- Provide timely and quality Tier1 IT Support to internal and third-party systems users
- Oversee technology onboarding of new hires; including setup of email, pc and tablets
- Install, test and configure new workstations with all proper equipment
- Oversee tablet setup, repair and troubleshooting
- Oversee inventory management and control
- Evaluate, design, order, and implement data circuits
- Recommend purchases consistent with the organisation's short- and long-term objectives.
Additional Responsibilities: As identified and assigned.
Travel: Day travel is required with a reliable, personal vehicle. This position is generally expected to require minimal overnight travel (10%). The individual in this role should be able and willing to travel as required.
Education & Certifications:
- BS Degree in IT or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Ability and eagerness to provide each customer with an exceptional experience.
- Ability to deliver the most professional, efficient and highest quality IT service in the industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, end-users, vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud-based ERP/CRM systems (NetSuite or similar);
- Set-up knowledge of new PCs including: installing and activating software, configuring email and user preferences;
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud-based VOIP Phone system (8x8 or similar);
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to learn and support new and quickly-changing technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good work habits under pressure.
- 3 years’ experience in the installation and maintenance of LAN/WAN network systems
- Heavy technology background with an ability to instruct non-technical audiences, sometimes remotely
- NetSuite, Sales Force and Kronos experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of TCP/IP LAN networks – including routing, switching, wiring and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of TCP/IP WAN networks – including routing, circuits, ISP’s, and VPN’s.
- Understanding of various TCP/IP protocols – including SMTP, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SSH and SSL.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The standard work environment for this position is an indoors business office environment is an outdoors construction or service environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit talk or hear, and will occasionally stoop, kneel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.