Project Manager / Head of BI
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Softcat have recently started a major project to replace their current ERP system with Oracle NetSuite, as well as implement a new Microsoft data warehouse (DWH) and Azure-hosted operation data store (ODS).
As an experienced NetSuite ERP Reporting Analyst, you will be responsible for leading the production of reporting/BI artefacts during the full project lifecycle and beyond; from requirements analysis and specification through to testing, training and go-live. Using your track record of creating NetSuite ERP reports and an in-depth understanding of the NetSuite ERP data model/schema, you will develop an understanding Softcat’s Enterprise ERP reporting requirements and design solutions that fulfil these requirements, both in NetSuite and Softcat’s DWH and ODS.
You will lead Softcat’s finance, operations and sales subject matter experts (SMEs) in specifying and developing reports using the tools available in NetSuite SuiteAnalytics. You will also lead the work with Softcat’s implementation partners and the internal IT/BI systems teams to extract and build reports against the NetSuite data that will be held in Softcat’s DWH and ODS.
You will document the reporting user stories/requirements and own this section of the product backlog - assessing business benefit, prioritising and challenging requirements, estimating effort and supporting the project manager in sprint planning and preparation of the sprint backlog. This work may also see you getting involved in data requirements and design such as master data management, data cleansing and data migration.
What we need from you
- 5 years of building reports using Oracle NetSuite ERP tools and data
- Expert working knowledge of the NetSuite ERP schema / data model
- A background of ERP implementation and a proven track record of delivering reporting requirements
- Previous experience of building NetSuite Reports, Dashboards, Saved Searches and Workbooks
- In depth understanding of relational data structure design and working knowledge of structured query language (SQL)
- Demonstrable experience of leading ERP implementation reporting workstreams.
- Experience of working closely with technical resources on Data and MI/BI workstreams
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including producing documents such as report specifications, solution design specifications, integration requirements and designs, test plans and scripts etc.
- Desirable but not essential
- Experience of extracting data from NetSuite using Dell Boomi or similar integration tools
- Experience of building reports using MS Power BI
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or qualified by experience
This is an initial six-month day rate contract, which can be based in either Marlow (preferable) or Leeds.
Applicants must possess a relevant Right to Work in the UK. Softcat are unable to provide sponsorship.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.This is for a day-rate contractor.