We have a new opportunity at Destinology for a .Net Web Developer to join the team based in Bolton, Wilmslow or home working (flexible). You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and receive a highly competitive salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience and benefits.
Established in 2004, we have grown from a young, ambitious luxury travel start-up to being bought by the hugely successful Saga PLC in 2014. We’re experiencing year on year growth, but we want more!
About the .Net Web Developer role:
As a skilled programmer experienced in C# .Net applications, you will be an integral member of the IT Development team and your primary focus is to undertake the technical development of group owned areas of Destinology and other digital platforms.
In return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel. You will also benefit from an annual bonus scheme related to company and individual performance.
Key responsibilities of the .Net Web Developer:
- Undertake the technical development of group owned areas of www.destinology.co.uk and other digital platforms.
- Liaise with business users to capture and document in a clear and concise way the requirements of change
- Detailed analysis of user requirements for new systems and the continued maintenance/enhancement of current systems. Provide advice where alternative solutions exist
- Provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements/new systems requested by the business
- Produce Functional Specifications using jargon free language which can be understood by users
- Produce technical specifications where appropriate
- Programming in relevant languages as appropriate with adherence to best practice in security, usability and accessibility.
- Unit testing, system testing and user training. Assist users with their acceptance testing.
- Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented on the correct forms with authorising signatures in place before putting the fix/enhancement/new system forward for application to the ‘live’ environment using the Change Management Procedure (Fast Track or Release).
- There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner.
- Manage any risks or controls delegated to this position as detailed in the relevant risk registers, in line with the business's risk policy
The duties listed are not exhaustive.
Experience and skills required to be our .Net Web Developer:
- Understanding and utilisation experience of core Analysis and Development technologies including C# .Net 4.5 and .Net Core, SQL Server 2016 and SQL as well as prevailing tools for modelling/simulation, planning, prototyping and mocking etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and client-side scripting
- Experience of Angular V1+ (Version 1+)
- Understanding of ECommerce specific coding and testing processes and procedures.
- Good knowledge of windows server application like IIS
- Test Driven Development knowledge
- Knowledge and ability to utilise MVC software architecture framework
- A pragmatic understanding of the project and application lifecycle and how these can be appropriately applied
- Ability to liaise with business users and 3rd party suppliers to understand requirements and produce positive solution outcomes to technical challenges
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding and experience in building software solutions
- Demonstrable experience (both technical and business centric) of application solutions accounted for by this role
- Understanding of PCI and OWASP security vulnerabilities
- Good knowledge of W3C usability requirements together with other related legislation such as PCIDSS and cookie regulations
- Good knowledge of testing methodologies
- Basic understanding of project management methodologies
If you would like to join our team as our .Net Web Developer, or find out more information, then please click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!
Registered company no: 4293908