A fantastic opportunity for a Computer Science or Information Technology practitioner looking to build a career in the financial services sector. The Company requires a full time permanent .NET Developer, to join the Software Development team.
Winterflood Securities Limited
The Company is a leading liquidity provider and specialist market maker. The company’s strength is provided by our people and their flare for innovation. Winterflood combines expertise in trading with sophisticated proprietary technology to create a range of highly flexible execution services for our diverse client base. The Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Close Brothers Group plc which is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The remit of the role requires a pro-active and enthusiastic individual, with excellent communication skills who would enjoy the challenge of a fast paced evolutionary environment working within a small highly skilled team. The key responsibility of the role is to build out functionality on a less than 2-year-old .NET/AngularJs system which already supports a large volume of clients. The system is accessed 24/7 either directly through a white labelled web front end, through Financial Information eXchange (FIX) interfaces, through a modern REST based API, or an accumulation of the aforementioned.
The position suits a candidate with professional experience in developing enterprise .NET solutions, and someone who is passionate about technology.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To build and deliver robust and innovative software solutions that are fit for purpose
- To analyse business requirements, internal designs and system requirements
- To contribute to the technical design process
- To write code that is clean and meets in-house coding standards
- Contribute to strategy through suggesting new technologies and processes
- To maintain awareness of developments within the Financial Industry, especially new technologies
- To understand the implications of new technologies within your area of speciality
- To apply best practices to all aspects of development
Skills & Experience:
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiar with design patterns and able to discuss their use in designs
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Understands the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understands why testing is a key developer skill
- Writing extensive unit tests
- Proficient with Git and the use of branching strategies
- Experience with an ORM, understands why they are used and their limitations
- SQL Server 2014+ and understands how to write performant SQL
- Working with SOA architecture
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to work efficiently within a highly skilled team
- Have excellent oral and written skills
- Pro-active can-do attitude with excellent problem solving capabilities
- An education background in either Computer science or Information Technology
- Excellent time keeping and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build a good rapport with colleagues
- Aware of current development trends, and can identify practical uses for these
- NServiceBus, including sagas
- Demonstrable experience with Angular 2
- Familiar with Typescript, ideally used with Angular 2
- Entity framework
- Experience of CQRS
- Use of Team City/Octopus
- Working within the Financial Industry within the Asset Management division
- A strong desire to learn
- Commitment to continuous personal development
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and use own initiative
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously but refer to the Managers, Team Leaders, or Peers when necessary
Compensation & Benefits
Salary - competitive
Company benefits are provided on completion of either six months’ service, or a successful probation period whichever is sooner. Benefits include: 25 days’ holiday exclusive of bank holiday entitlement, private medical insurance, stakeholder pension scheme, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, Life Assurance, Group Income Protection Insurance, Give as You Earn, Save As You Earn, Discretionary Bonus Scheme and Season Ticket Loans.
Entitlement outlined above is in respect of full-time entitlement, and will be provided to part-time workers on a prorate basis in accordance with the relevant scheme rules.
All benefits are subject to rules of the scheme and associated provider. The Company in its sole and absolute discretion reserves the right to discontinue, vary or amend any of the aforementioned benefits.