As a world leader in technology consulting and engineering with over 37000 employees in 28 countries, ALTEN Ltd is playing a key role globally in supporting R&D of innovative solutions to many of the major challenges of the future.
ALTEN Ltd is involved in innovation development for top customers within aerospace & defence, ground transportation, energy & life science industries in the UK. ALTEN Ltd is currently seeking engineers with high potential to join an expanding team due to a continuous demand of customers.
As part of our development in theDefence sector,we are currently looking for Naval Architectswith a significant experience in the architecture of the ship internals.
Your new role
As a Naval Architect you will bepart of ALTEN’s team, you will be responsible for carry out Engineering Design activities in line with specifications. You will have the opportunity to manage relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems.
Working within multi-disciplined team, you will focus of developing innovative solutions to meet customers need and expectations.
- Knowledge and competence in Naval/Commercial Ship design
- Familiarity with the use of Classification Society rules and processes, preferably Lloyd’s Register Naval Ship Rules
- Design experience at various stages within the build lifecycle (concept to final delivery)
- Previous engineering experience within the ship design, ship building industry is preferred
- High level communication skills
- Solutions oriented mind-set
- Strong abilities to work under pressure
- Autonomous technical project management abilities
- Abilities to work and progress in a cross-functional environment
Msc inNaval Architectureor related degree or BSc andrelevant experience within the domain.
By joining Alten you will be part of one of the fastest growing company in the UK, with variety of customers and activities. You will also be offered opportunities to expand your skill set and develop your career. Qualities that are valued include professionalism as a consultant and ability to understand the customer’s goals and values. Alten seek individuals who are positive, able to create and maintain long lasting relationships, thrilled by challenges and able to use creativity and hard work to find new solutions.