Supporting the team, you will take responsibility for managing third party logistics providers to maximise the availability of our products into the distribution centres and stores.
In conjunction with key stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality and cost efficient inbound supply chain both through operational and project management. You will be working as part of a growing and developing supply chain team, looking for continuous improvement within your role to simplify processes and maximise efficiencies.
We do things our way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our National Supply Chain team, there'd simply be no products in those stores.
Supply Chain Customs Analyst
We are seeking a detail oriented, strategic and highly motivated Customs Analyst. The Customs Analyst will be responsible for coordinating customs processes and procedures across various departments within the business. We are looking for someone with excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to use their own initiative.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
•Checking, reviewing, analysing and presenting data
•Overseeing the process of customs classification
•Overseeing the resolution of queries raised by purchasing and customs teams
•Identifying areas of improvement and optimising processes
•Cross-check various sources of information incl. contracts and internal systems
•Dealing with Irish negotiated suppliers and gathering relevant supplier information (supplier, product and account details) across all temperature regimes and product categories
•Initiating and coordinating within the team or other departments in order to efficiently and effectively accomplish assigned tasks
•Be Buying department facing, supporting in Customs & Excise training to internal colleagues, explaining and engaging
•Keep abreast of changes in legislation and communicate to relevant stakeholders in an appropriate and concise manner
•Spot opportunities and define solutions
•Able to respond to technical queries from internal and external business partners
•Liaising with external customs stakeholders to ensure efficient running of all import related tasks
- Level 3 Customs Practitioner Qualification or employment experience as detailed below
- Experience as a Customs Clerk or similar
- Experience in Customs compliance, practice and procedure
- Experience working with customs data and knowledge of customs legislation
- Experience in a busy, deadline driven environment
- Track record of rolling out new policies and procedural initiatives
- Highly focused and accurate with a meticulous eye for detail
- Great team player who works collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written communication and administration skills
- Confident using Microsoft Office packages (incl. Excel)