This role is about bringing a passion for implementing IT solutions that will help us do things better as a business.
Our National IT teams support Aldi by delivering our system and infrastructure needs. With your knowledge of logistics, finance or store management (for example), you'll have the foresight as to how we can evolve. And as we're all about growth, challenges will be around every corner. Just the way you like it.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. As our customers grow and change with technical advances, our own people and business need to as well.
Data Protection Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Protection Analyst to join the team on a full time permanent basis. Working within a growing team, you'll play a key role in leading on International and National initiatives, supporting the business in meeting its obligations towards data protection.
You'll need to be a confident communicator, highly organised and have a passion for Data Protection and Privacy. It's a role that's full of variety and challenges, requiring a talented individual who is able to work within a busy team.
- Supporting and promoting compliance with data privacy legislation and best practice
- Involvement in International and National strategic data protection initiatives
- Engaging with project teams to advise on privacy controls (including the completion of data privacy impact assessments) and mitigation of risks
- Conducting root cause analysis in relation to personal data breaches and identifying remedial actions
- Identifying and proposing steps to address compliance gaps or deficiencies ahead of implementing agreed measures
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience within the Data Protection / Privacy field
- Previous Project Management experience ideally within a similar role
- Ability to undertake business needs of analysis
- Project Management certification
- Strong communicator, excellent time management and detail orientated attributes
- Proactive approach with a desire to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with internal / external stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Degree level education - 2:1 or higher is preferred
- Understanding of information technologies and data securities
- Privacy related qualifications / certification, i.e. International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)