SCOPE OF ROLE
The National HSE Manager will report directly to the National Director of Health, Safety &The Environment. The location for the role will be predominantly home based with a requirement to travel to office and sites as required. The post holder will have a matrix reporting line into the relevant Head of Business Unit. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in environmental and working in the prestige and corporate buildings. There will be a requirement for a competent environmental manager to ensure sound environmental practices such as the control of waste management and the development of an effective environmental aspects and impacts register that can be used on all sites.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- There will be a requirement to give professional support to the corporate side of the business with and understand of the requirement under CDM2015, inspections, collating comprehensive reports for the leadership team to report through to board level.
- Environmental management and reporting on the aspects and impact registers and building up a satisfactory environment management system. Is essential and having a practical experience of all aspects of environmental legislation and requirements to report on this is at the forefront of the requirements
- To drive forward improvements and best practice in safety, health and environmental issues across the Integral Group. This will include the delivery of bespoke training in all aspects and looking at behavioural [Clarke, G1] safety to influence a change in culture
- Ensure that the Integral H&S Culture remains positive and pro-active and continue to drive this along. Look at new and innovative way to analysis the statistics and develop a plan for the sector to reduce TRIR and DART. Also, to ensure that the targets are in line with company and JLL targets and objectives.
- An essential part of the task is to carry out site safety audits on sites/engineers across the business units, ensuring that all H&S standards are adhered to in line with legislation and Integral standards. Looking to the future we need to look to develop a remote audit/inspection methodology and deliver this out to the sector.
- Monitoring completion of mandatory and core training within their respective business/business units to ensure that the Business Director has enough management information to be assured that the momentum is kept going. Identify and prepare bespoke training that may be required for business and national use.
- Provide expertise and support to the business unit team while being a dynamic forward-facing person to drive safety forward in the sector.
- Ensure key operational risks are identified and controlled including looking at whole building risk areas from roof top to waste extraction.
- “One team approach” ensuring that actions and behaviour supports the HS&E one team approach. To ensure that you can effectively communicate to all levels from the head of sector to the engineers.
- Work with the Integral Procurement team to ensure that sub-contracting partners are vetted and have sufficient KPIs within their contracts to ensure that they meet with Integral standards of safety and environmental compliance.
- Collaborate with the National Director of HS&E on sustainability and safety plans for the business unit. Take the lead on client liaison where directed.
- Be able to interpret new HSE legislation and guidance and prepare new processes with the national HS&E team as appropriate.
- In collaboration with other HSE Team members identify additional standards that may be required to meet the on-going occupational health needs of the workforce.
- Administer the Integral Reporting of Accidents, Occupational ill health and Dangerous Occurrence system and ensure that where investigation is required that this has been completed adequately.
- Formulation of accident, incident and occupational ill health management information for the Business and National meetings. Ensuring that all the accidents, good catches etc are reported and recorded correctly so that sector figures can be collated and delivered to the business unit
- Undertake investigations into incidents and accidents to ensure lessons are learnt.
- Production of an annual audit and inspection regime for the Business unit looking at building risk and sub-contractors.
- Active involvement in planned and ad-hoc HSE meetings (internal and external facing) these will include meetings with clients.
- Preparation of business and individual work locations for external and internal ISO14001, 9001 and 45001 audits. Assisting with the IMS audit programme. Following audits all actions that have been identified ensure that these are closed out in a timely manner and report all outstanding actions through to the business unit head and director of safety.
- Provision of timely information for management and board reports
- Completion of safety and environmental project work as identified by Head of HS&E and National Director of HS&E in collaboration with the National HS&E team.
- Promote ownership of safety and environmental issues with supervisory and management teams.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Member of IOSH or equivalent
- NEBOSH – Diploma Health & Safety Certificate [Clarke, G2] or equivalent
- IEMA qualifications in Environmental management
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of key H&S legislation, particularly CDM
- Have good communication skills and experience of Microsoft word, excel etc.
- Clean driving license
- Internal Auditing of ISO 9001,14001 & 45001
- Good communication skill, excellent skills on word, excel etc.
- NEBOSH- Certificate in Construction
- First Aid Certificate
- Basic Scaffold Inspection
- Asbestos Awareness
- Knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical
- CSCS / Prince 2– Project Manager (Construction)
We’re Integral, part of JLL. We’re a Facilities and Maintenance firm based across the UK. We work with organisations in Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric works with engineers nationwide to deliver engineering excellence for our clients. The Integral family are the largest mobile hard services provider in the UK.
If you’re looking to step up your career, Integral and JLL are the perfect professional home. At Integral and JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing facilities and maintenance initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at Integral and JLL!
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include an up-to-date CV with your application.
All candidates will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview.
Successful candidates are also required to pass a DBS check at our cost.