National Field Service Manager, Kohler Mira
To manage and develop a team providing comprehensive, best in class field & customer service support for our customers. Provide leadership, support and analysis of field processes to drive improvement activities focusing on increasing customer delight and growing service revenue and profit.
To strategically direct & champion field–based service to deliver a portfolio of new service strategies that exploit innovation and consumer need, to maximise brand values.
To head up the field based dimension of the Service Plan, generating up to £27 million of extra revenue over the next 5 years.
- Development and implementation of field strategies and improvement programmes.to deliver best in class field service performance.
- To execute a significant change programme to modernise a function of the business overcoming the significant resistance to that change.
- Creation, development and implementation of new technological tools to improve service efficiencies.
- To engage a team with modern management approaches which present each team members as brand ambassadors
- To demonstrably contribute to improving each K&B UK brand’s Likelihood to Recommend measure
- Lead the operational management of field service across all brands to ensure service levels and business priorities are achieved in the UK and Eire.
- Provision of a comprehensive field service programme including warranty, chargeable & service contract work – including accountability for performance, quality, customer satisfaction and revenue generation.
- Interaction with customers at all levels including resolution of complaints, serious incidents and process improvements.
- Establish, monitor and drive business rules, KPI’s and change management tools needed to shape Field Service improvement.
- Provision of Field Service training, H&S improvements, stock management, competency testing and quality programmes.
- Create a fully flexible, motivated and talented work force; build trust, a team environment, frequent communication and maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
- Keeping abreast of systems, legislation and technologies relevant to the Field Service industry & recommending and implementing improvements.
- Actively monitoring and supporting all third party Service Agents on all service matters.
- Supporting the feedback of product issues, field failures and complaints into new product development programmes particularly on reliability, installation & maintenance.
- Support and liaisons with Marketing and Sales (at all levels) and the Contact Centre and Business Development Managers.
- Budget development & management.
- Development and implementation of field revenue growth, communication, technology, vehicle and field logistics improvements.
- Supporting resolution of in-service product problems.
- Represents the Kohler brand image through all day to contact between Field Service Operations and Kohler’s customers / end consumers.
Relationships & Contacts
- This position reports directly to the Customer Experience Director
- This position has four direct reports: 2 Senior Regional Service Managers, 2 Regional Service Managers
- Frequent contact with all levels in departments throughout Kohler Mira including Sales, Marketing, Quality, NPD and Customer Service.
- The position is split between the office and the field with a requirement for a minimum of 2 days per week (with over night stays as appropriate) in the field supporting direct and indirect reports, sales and customers.
- Contact with customers at all levels including consumers, installers, contractors, councils as well as outside vendors.
- Degree qualified in engineering or business management or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of leading national field based teams
- Significant customer service and product support experience.
- Technical knowledge.
- Extensive management experience leading a large team.
- Financial and budgetary skills and experience.
- Must have solid interpersonal as well as good oral and written communication skills.
- Good systems understanding.
- Commercial negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of delivering tangible service level improvements.
Why Work at Kohler Mira?
People have been turning to us for bathroom products for over 90 years, a responsibility we don’t take lightly. In all of the businesses that make up Kohler Mira we are committed to designing innovative products that bring beauty, comfort and safety to life. Because of this we understand that it takes investment in our people and their development in order to deliver on that commitment and so, we invest heavily in each individual’s personal development in a variety of ways.
In addition to the investment in personal development, Kohler Mira offers a competitive salary, numerous wellbeing benefits and a strong involvement in Corporate Social Responsibility.
In the UK, Kohler Mira Ltd. is made up of three market leading brands; Mira Showers, Rada Controls and Kohler Company. Where our brands differ in market position they are equal in quality, each living up to the Kohler Company mission to live on the leading edge of design and technology and provide a single level of quality regardless of price.
Learn more about us, our brands and career opportunities at www.kohlermira.co.uk.
It is Kohler Mira’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified associates in all job classifications without prejudice. If, as an individual with a disability, you require adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.