Our buying teams - if it's possible - have to move even quicker than the rest of the business.
And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. As a Buying Administration Assistant you will support both the Buying Assistants and Buying Directors to stay ahead of the game, providing comprehensive and professional administrative support. If you are considering a career in buying, this could be the perfect first step.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And to keep on top of that wave, our buying teams have to do something pretty special to keep our customers coming back for more.
Supplier Administration & Service Team Admin
Would you like to work for one of the largest growing supermarkets in the UK? Aldi is always looking forward and our growth means that if you would like to join us in the future, we are now building our Talent Pool ready for when a position becomes available at our Head Office in Atherstone. We’re now searching for a talented Supplier Administration & Service Team Administrator who would like to be considered for an exciting future opportunity within the business.
Within the National Buying Department sits the National Buying Administration (NBA) Team who support the department’s New Supplier Management, Systems Support, Financial Planning and Analysis Functions.
NBA are seeking an Administrator to join the team to specifically handle the New Supplier Management and setup - a team in its infancy with exciting opportunities for growth and development.
The Administrator will work as part of a team, responsible for collating, sorting and verifying the accuracy of New Supplier Information and entering onto the system accurately and at speed. The team goal is to take administration tasks concerning Supplier administration from the desks of the wider department, centralize and create a hub of knowledge and experience for this process.
The role requires an individual with a consistently positive approach, high attention to detail and is passionate about quality. The Administrator must be a confident communicator as there will be interaction with both internal and external personnel. The Administrator will be required to follow data entry procedures, keep information confidential and comply with data integrity and security policies.
The Administrator will be expected to demonstrate their ability to achieve and exceed department KPI’s and run an organized and transparent desk to ensure the wider department is kept up to date with the progress of the New Supplier setup within agreed timeframes.
The Administrator is expected to become an expert in their field and identify process improvements to aid the smooth running of the department.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong excel skills
• Strong commercial acumen
• GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above
• A minimum of 2 years professional work experience
• Data entry, manipulation and interrogation of business data
• Experience of analysing data within a retail setting
• High levels of accuracy
• Confident with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Able to cope with multiple tasks
• Comfortable dealing with complex data
• Knowledge of ALDI systems and processes (UK and International) - or relevant external experience
• Ability to proactively work towards challenging deadlines through multitasking and resilience
• Meticulously follows rules and procedures to ensure work is completed to the required Aldi standard - is process driven and does not 'cut corners’
• Able to work under pressure and deliver against short deadlines
• Can deliver solutions autonomously
• High levels of initiative and proactivity
• Strategic and critical thinker that is results-oriented and data driven
• Intellectually curious and takes initiative
• Customer focused
• Experience of working with third party suppliers
• Highly organised
• Able to identify and drive through process improvements