Does the idea of contributing to the delivery of new and better medicines appeal to you?
Join Covance, one of the world’s largest and most respected contract research organizations and be part of a global veterinary team providing essential specialist clinical services at the cutting edge of research for the pharmaceutical industry.
Right now, we are looking for an additional full-time Named Veterinary Surgeon to join our team at our preclinical facility in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Harrogate is a classic spa town made of landscaped gardens located just 40 minutes from Leeds and York. Come work in the region made famous by James Herriot animal stories. While Harrogate is known for cream teas and Turkish baths, it, also, has a growing market with affordable housing and is up and coming in terms of business, growth, and development.
Main Responsibilities for our Named Veterinary Surgeon:
- Provide veterinary health care for laboratory animals, give advice regarding the care and use of laboratory animals, and provide training for scientists and technicians.
- Monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with all applicable animal welfare regulations and help maintain facilities for AAALAC accreditation.
- Provide oversight of the animal care and use program and drive compliance with regulatory groups and agencies.
- Promote animal well-being.
- Oversee the surgical and surgical care program.
- Provide veterinary, scientific and technical expertise.
- Provide protocol-driven ophthalmology and other applicable veterinary services.
- Oversee animal welfare-related regulatory compliance activities as applicable.
Experience we’re looking for are:
- You are a member/ eligible to be a member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- You have honed your skills in clinical, surgical and laboratory animal medicine
- You have skills or interest to develop skills in ophthalmology
- You enjoy team work environment and have stellar communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
If you want to be part of not only a growing team, but a global organization with opportunity to develop, then Covance is the place for you.
Education / Qualifications
- Membership in the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons required/Eligible for membership in the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Knowledge of small and large animals used in research.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals.
- Experience in the laboratory animal medicine or science field preferred.