Gi Group are currently recruiting Multi-Drop Delivery Drivers for the West Yorkshire area, from depots based in Leeds. The role is temporary, day shift, for a national market-leading and prestigious mail/parcel company. We are looking for positive team players who are willing and flexible enough to help colleagues ensure that all our customers get their parcels to their customers on time. You must enjoy customer interaction; have great communication/Interpersonal skills.
Start date: Tuesday 27th August
Pay Rate: £8.50 for day shifts
* Collecting parcels/pouches/boxes etc. from a depot, warehouse or pick-up point
* Loading the vehicle in an order that matches the deliveries you'll make
* Planning the route
* Delivering to a schedule, on time, to commercial and residential addresses
* Scanning items on and off route to ensure tracking information is available to customers and colleagues
* Greeting customers, getting signatures and giving invoices when you deliver
* Updating delivery records
* Returning undelivered items
Person Specification/You will require the following:
* You must enjoy driving, even at peak hours and be able to lift and carry parcels weighing up to 30kg and be willing to work paid overtime including possible Saturday overtime.
* Excellent practical driving skills
* The ability to work quickly and to tight deadlines
* The ability to complete record sheets and paperwork
* A full UK manual driving licence (in your current UK address), with no more than 6 penalty points is essential but ideally a clean licence is preferred, please note you will be required to show this at assessment.
* Please note that you must be flexible to work the occasional Saturday.
If successful at interview you will go through a screening process. This process includes collecting references for your employment history in the last 5 years and also the completion of Financial Security Checks.
If you meet the above criteria, are able to work in the West Yorkshire area and would like to apply for the role of Multi Drop Delivery Driver - please apply and send your CV, or alternatively call Hannah or Ewa on 01924 668689 for more information.
£8.50 - £8.50 per hour