Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients’ workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
Kier Workplace Services is looking to recruit a multi-skilled mobile Maintenance Engineer to support the Contract Manager delivering Facilities Management out of Newcastle and across the North of England.
- Carry out preventative maintenance checks and works
- General mechanical and electrical assistance
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out safety and in line with safe operating procedures
- Respond to down time and unscheduled maintenance / works
- Organise, plan, prioritise and schedule your own work in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations
- Ensure plant and/or machinery is serviced and maintained in accordance with procedures and set preventative maintenance plans.
- Ensure relevant feedback is provided to Regional Manager on issues and concerns
- Assist providers and maintenance team during breakdowns
- Work with the daily cleaning team and ensure all tasks are completed in line with the manufacturers recommendations
- Fulfil requirements of certain mechanical & electrical and building fabric services by assisting in planned and reactive maintenance as provided to the agreed standard
- Overtime required when covering holiday cover.
- Be part of a regional on-call rota.
- A practical multi skilled engineering with maintenance background
- You must have completed a recognized apprenticeship, NVQ or Equivalent training program in relevant field.
- Experience working to preventative maintenance plans
- Organised, able to plan and prioritise
- Computer literate
- Full Driving Licence
- Please note the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.