Vacancy: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £33,500 per annum + additional shift allowance
The Johnson Matthey Fuel Cells business is looking to enhance the engineering team with the opening of a dedicated Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer role. We are looking for an adaptable, pro-active team player to complement the existing team and maximise our engineering capabilities with our existing stock and the installation and maintenance of new machinery.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the mass manufacture of cutting edge components in a multifunctional environment by effectively maintaining manufacturing equipment, positively supporting production throughput and ensuring continuous operation in a way that supports the JMFC culture of secure, safe and ethical working.
As well as a competitive pay structure, Johnson Matthey provide excellent in-work benefits to all employees including an industry-leading pension plan, Company Shares options, optional medical assistance packages and a defined career path to enable progression. For the day to day, we also provide free on-site parking and a significantly subsidized restaurant.
If you can bring your experience and skills to contribute to our growth and help steer us through the future to our fullest potential, please apply online.
- Reactive and Planned Maintenance to all existing production equipment and ancillary gear
- Support the procurement, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of new equipment
- Implement, document and report routine maintenance schedules and activities electronically
- Ensure all engineering activity meets current EHS legislation and Group EHS policies
- Continually seek to improve existing processes
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Ideally experienced in automated, fast paced manufacturing environment
- Preferably an electrical bias with a solid understanding of the mechanical aspects of engineering
- Knowledge of process automation equipment including PLC control systems is desirable
- Knowledge of high temperature ovens, roll handling or hydraulic presses an advantage
- Good understanding of ac/dc & stepper motors and servo & variable frequency drives an advantage
- Experience of working with multi-disciplined improvement teams and LEAN techniques; 5S, PDCA DMAIC is desirable
- Qualified to City & Guilds or HNC (Level 4) in an electrical / mechanical engineering discipline is preferable; Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2008 (2382-15) 17th Edition an advantage
- Experience of using Microsoft Office required; experience of SAP ERP applications desirable but not essential
Internal applicants should advise thier Line Manager before applying.
This position may be closed once sufficient applications have been received. Applicants will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.