Multi-skilled Engineer - We are delighted to be advertising on behalf of a well-established international company that specialises in the development, production, and marketing of yeasts and bacteria and we are looking for aMulti-skilled Engineer to be based at their Felixstowe site. The purpose of this key role within the company is to ensure the effective upkeep of all plant and equipment.
The ideal Multi-skilled Engineer will provide reactive and preventative maintenance of all plant and equipment and you will report to the Engineering Manager and be comfortable working on equipment of various ages.
- Reactive and preventative maintenance of all plant and equipment.
- Ensure the most efficient use of utilities and resources.
- Fault find on varied equipment of different complexities and ages.
- Communicate the condition of the equipment at all levels
- Work in a safe and logical manner, performing tasks with care and prioritising by importance and deadline
- Managing small projects/modifications from conception to commissioning
Skills and experience required:
- Experience working in any of the following: food / chemical / pharmaceutical / manufacturing environment
- Multi-skilled (electrical/mechanical)
- Electrically/Mechanically qualified, NVQ level 3 or higher.
- Working on electrical systems at least to 3ph 415V
- Experience in fault finding, diagnosis and repair
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible and able to do call-out duties
- Experience of older power and distribution systems
- PLC knowledge
- Experience with packaging machinery and planned maintenance systems
- Able to work in confined spaces
The Multi-skilled Engineer role is full-time, working 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday, on call 1 week in 4. On offer to the successful candidate is a salary range of £30-35k dependent on experience and expertise. You will receive 25 days holiday, access to a contributory pension scheme and standby payment when on-call.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: engineer, plant, maintenance, manufacturing, electrical, mechanical
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.