Multi Skilled Engineer - 174130
Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients’ workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
Multi Skilled Engineer
Kier Workplace Services are currently seeking an enthusiastic and flexible Multi Skilled Engineer to form part of the Engineering team at the prestigious Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford on Avon, CV37 6BB.
Reporting in to the Supervisors / Contract Manager the post holder will undertake delivery of reactive and planned preventative maintenance works as directed. The role will also necessitate some new installation works on project basis.
The individual will need to be a self-starter ensuring all works are completed to high standard and within a timely manner. A “right first time” approach is critical with focus on team work with the various trades within the building. The position is Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00 , with some overtime work required to cover weekends
- To perform all Mechanical & Electrical / Building Fabric planned (PPMs) & reactive activities in accordance with Kiers quality management system including preparation for internal / external audits
- To achieve a prompt effective response to emergency situations being capable to diagnose faults and initiating action to prevent deterioration in environmental conditions within the premises
- Ensure the site asset lists are regularly reviewed and any variations are highlighted to the appropriate Kier team to ensure accuracy and compliance and all times
- Ensure work is completed within the required timescales / targets to a high standard
- Regular review and monitoring of the contract CAFM system ensuring tasks are managed in line with contractual requirements and contract KPI’s
- Effective communication with the helpdesk ensuring accurate information is maintained at all times
- Ensure that all relevant NICEIC / Kier documentation is processed and systems are completed in a timely manner, notifying the line manager of any associated access issues
- Conduct work in accordance with current legislation, British Standards, Codes of Practice, Safe Systems of work and recognised industrial standards for such work, minimising damage to the fabric of the property
- Undertake essential reinstatement work as necessary to guarantee that premises are left in a secure, safe and weather tight condition
- Undertake work on electrical installations in accordance with the latest IEE Wiring Regulations currently 17th Edition and any subsequent revision
- Undertake fault-finding and diagnostic work as required to repair and maintain electrical installations
- Carry out inspection and testing on existing installations, as work progresses and on completed work recording results and completing appropriate test certification
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues /clients / customers and work as part of a team
- Take a pro-active approach and care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their activities at work
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Have under taken a full electrical apprenticeships / industry recognised training
- The ideal candidate will have a NVQ 3 or equivalent qualification or a City & Guilds 2361 part 1,2 and AM2 or equivalent
- Qualification in 17th Edition IEE Wiring regulations and City & Guilds 2391 / 2394 / 2395 Inspection and Testing or equivalent is essential
- Proven experience in facilities management environment
- Fault find / maintain / improve and repair electrical mechanical plant and associated control equipment
- Holder of an appropriate CSCS card
- Experience of working within a theatre or similar environment
- PASMA qualified is preferable
- PC literate and experience of CAFM, BMS and lighting control systems
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Primary Location : United Kingdom-England-West Midlands-Birmingham
Job : Operative
Organization : Kier Group UK