Multi-Lingual Queue Host (VAT OPT)
Location: Heathrow Airport
Contract: Temporary (Fixed Term) Full-time
Full-Time Salary: £21000 per annum (£11.21 per hour) + OT + Bonus based on Targets
50% discount at Staff canteen in all Terminals
Airport discount with your ID pass at selective retailers and eateries
Access to discounted benefits
Are you ready to join a team of exceptional people? Working at Travelex isn’t just about having a job it’s about having a career. We want to make sure our employees feel happy, supported, and enthusiastic about our values.
We lead every employee beyond, we perform beyond, we grow beyond and we reward beyond!
Travelex is… About passion! We are looking for candidates who want to build a career with us. If you are resilient and completely committed to the Travelex values, whatever your area of interest, we want to hear from you. We demonstrate a “can do attitude” working closely with your manager who will coach and support to bring the best out in you!
We make sure learning and development is accessible to everyone. We provide a support network with tools to enable you to navigate a career and personal development path that matches your aspirations! Don’t delay join Travelex today!
The Queue Host contributes to the organisations goals by managing the Travelex queue to ensure that all customers are assisted and directed in a caring, professional and efficient manner resulting in elevated customer service levels.
Be a “brand” ambassador for Travelex ensuring you always display the Travelex values (Integrity, Trust and Honesty, Great Customer Service, Results Focussed and Believe in our people) at all times.
- Must be fluent in Mandarin / Arabic
- Continually drive sales performance in order to achieve key sales targets as set by the business and Team Manager
A key player in encouraging passengers to convert their sterling refunds into foreign exchange
- Minimising queueing times and distributing Fast Track cards
- Minimising postal forms in order to generate more revenue to store
- Use all available tools to drive sales performance
- Demonstrate conversational selling at all times
- Support and contribute towards the achievement of store targets and objectives
Risk and Compliance
To ensure full compliance with all business and legal regulatory requirements whilst adhering to all company best practice procedures to deliver outstanding levels of customer service. To immediately notify the Team Manager of any customer complaints and any high level personal or business risk, any breech of compliance procedures.
Measures of success
- Complete checks as required daily maintaining a high level of attention to detail at all times
- Fully comply with all company policies and best practice procedures
- Immediately notify Team Manager of any customer complaint received
- Immediately notify Team Manager of any impending/breech of compliance and any business/personal risk
- Ensure all documentation and responses are completed within given deadlines
- Undertake Company training within required timeframe
Anticipates and responds to the needs of internal, external and customers and takes personal responsibility for delivering customer focused solutions.
- Monitors the queue at all times to ensure that clients are timeously assisted and that the correct advice is provided, in order to reduce queueing time
- Ensures all Travelex customers are directed to the most suitable refund point/teller available to address their query in the most efficient manner
- Ensure all Travelex customers’ VAT refund forms are completed correctly and accurately, enabling processing time to be minimised – attention to detail at all times
- Use every opportunity to interact with customers, educating them on any promotions, provide advice that Travelex may be offering
- Display the Travelex customer service culture by interacting with our clients in a friendly, energetic and professional manner (always being mindful of different cultures)
- Ensure excellent working relations are developed and maintained with the team
- Demonstrate excellent sales performance whilst delivering outstanding customer service and adhering to all compliance procedures
- To be able to meet and greet customers in a demanding environment with up to eight hours on your feet
- To form excellent working relations with both the store and teams in order to provide excellent service to customers whilst achieving sales targets and working within all risk and compliance guidelines
Build and maintain excellent working relations with the team
- Work on your own initiative taking responsibility for both self and team targets.
- Contribute to the success of the team
- Demonstrate the ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Be flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure communication amongst colleagues is effective and appropriate at all times
- Participate in all store tasks, sharing the workload equally amongst the team
Key interfaces/ relationships
External local stakeholders: customers, partners, 3rd parties (e.g. UKBF)
Support functions – Finance, HR, and L&D
Marketing: in store POS, promotions / campaigns
CMS: stock management
IT: support, hardware and software, rate board
Online: order fulfilment
Successful candidates must pass a numeracy test, be able to provide a 5-year checkable history, plus pass credit and criminal record checks. Please ensure that you can travel to and from the airport for the specified shift times
To apply please visit our careers page www.travelex.co.uk/careers