How would you like to take on a varied and rewarding new opportunity that comes with different challenges every day?
The Motorway Operations department is seeking an enthusiastic Motorway Operative to join our experienced team maintaining the M6 toll road to the high standards our customers deserve. You will be responsible for carrying out routine highway maintenance as well as assisting our customers and the emergency services.
As a Motorway Operative, your day to day duties will include:
- Carrying out routine maintenance and cleaning activities on the motorway using the appropriate plant, equipment and materials in accordance with the company Health & Safety / Quality Procedures.
- Carrying out traffic management operations, safety fence repairs and winter maintenance activities.
- Operating Incident Support Units.
- Working effectively with subcontractors.
- Providing direct assistance to customers.
- Liaising with and assisting the emergency services.
- Carrying out day to day plant and equipment checks to ensure safe operation.
- Any other duties associated with this position as assigned by the Motorway Supervisor.
In return, you'll be working in a thriving environment where you will be instrumental in helping to drive the next chapter for our business, in a role that gives you plenty of scope to broaden your skillset.
Keywords: Motorway | Operative | Maintenance | Highway | Road | Traffic Management | HGV | LGV | Incident Support | Health and Safety
Discretionary Bonus | 22 days plus bank holidays | Defined contribution pension scheme | Life assurance at 3x Cover | 24/7 Employee Assistance programme | Free M6 Toll Tag
The position is based on an average of 42 hours per week; 12 hour day and night shifts (4 on, 4 off), including weekends and Bank Holidays.
You must have a full driving licence and your own transport. LGV or HGV licence is preferable.
Experience of motorway or trunk roads maintenance and knowledge of traffic management is desirable.
The M6toll is the most exciting development in British transport history for many years. Since the M6toll opened in December 2003, it has grown from strength to strength and is recognised as the key strategic through route in the West Midlands; bypassing one of Europe's most congested motorways. Midland Expressway Limited (MEL) is a private company with the government concession to design, build, operate and maintain the 27 miles of the M6toll until 2054. After this time the road will be handed back to the government.
£26,000.00 - £33,000.00 per year
See Job Spec
See Job Spec