- North West
- Bolton, Middlebrook, Tunbridge Wells, Century Place Map & Directions
- Operating Company
- AXA Insurance
- Claims & Inspection
- £25k plus depending on experience. Excellent AXA Group benefits
- Closing date
- 4 June 2016
A role at the heart of our UK business: with our size and scale, there is no better home for your Motor Engineering expertise than our Motor Engineering team (based either in the South East or North West of England).
With a presence in 59 countries, and 160,000 employees serving the needs of 103 million customers, AXA is big. In fact, we’re the world’s number one insurance brand, and one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. But we’re not too big to care for – or listen to - everyone who works with us. You see, we value your ideas and your experience. We want you to continue to develop and grow, and we’ll offer you all the learning, development and progression opportunities you need for your professional skills and career to flourish.
What you will be doing
We have a vacancy for an office based in-house Motor Engineer in either Tunbridge Wells, Kent or Bolton, Great Manchester. Working a 35 hour week, Monday to Friday, you will use a variety of sources, from written reports, data, computerised vehicle damage estimating systems and digital imaging in the assessment of vehicle damage and loss claims.
You will be experienced in assessing damage and repair estimates to all types of motor vehicles, preferably in relation motor insurance claims. Ideally you will have previous experience as an insurance motor engineer assessor and / or vehicle body repair including damage estimating, repair cost negotiation and vehicle valuation.
You will have excellent communication, customer service and negotiation skills, a good level of IT literacy, and at least an awareness of the motor insurance claims process.
On-going technical, personal skills development and training will be provided.
Your main tasks are to;
Provide outstanding customer service to brokers, customers and our Motor Claims Department.Undertake remote vehicle inspections to assess, negotiate and settle vehicle damage claims in a timely and cost effective manner, liaising with vehicle repairers, salvage agents and customers.Investigate, value and settle motor theft claims.Use your technical knowledge and expertise to deliver outstanding claims cost control in line with agreed company procedures / industry standards.Interact with, support and provide technical expertise to Motor Engineering, Motor Claims and Underwriting Teams.Maximise own, department and company efficiency and productivity including proactively identifying opportunities to improve technical skills, cost control and customer service.Maintain and develop own motor vehicle and insurance industry knowledge and skills to the highest standards.
What we can offer you
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
- Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
- Life Assurance (10 x basic salary)
- Commencing with 25 days annual leave
- Interest free season ticket loan scheme
- Flexible benefit options, including pension and life cover flexing, holiday purchase, benefit car, childcare vouchers, health, dental and critical illness plans and bikes4work.
- Share Plan Scheme
- Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Who are we looking for?
- Self-motivated, working with minimum supervision.
- High level of professionalism, business acumen, and ethical behaviour.
- Expert knowledge of motor vehicle construction and repair techniques.
- Expert knowledge and skills of vehicle assessment, damage estimation and repair costs.
- Expert knowledge and skills relating to computerised vehicle damage estimating systems – preferably Audatex.
- Expert knowledge and skills relating to vehicle valuations.
- Good knowledge and understanding of vehicle salvage disposal.
- Good analytical, investigation and negotiation skills.
- Good telephone & written communication skills with the ability to provide concise, accurate information and reports to suppliers, brokers, customers and internal departments.
- Competent PC / IT skills.
- Significant motor vehicle damage repair assessment and estimating experience preferably gained within the insurance industry and / or motor vehicle repair / service industry.
- Previous experience of working in a motor insurance claims environment – preferred.
- Proven ability to deliver consistently excellent customer service.
- Recognised motor vehicle repair or vehicle service apprenticeship and / or relevant motor vehicle related training / qualifications.
- Audatex Certification –preferred.
- IAEA training / qualification / membership – preferred.
- ATA Vehicle Damage Assessor – preferred.
- IMI membership – preferred.
AXA General Insurance
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.