Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant proceedures
• Level of coustomer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Job objectives and responsibilities
- To carry out duties in compliance with Mitie Technical Facilities Management Ltd Policies and Procedures.
To drive and promote Mitie’s One Code which is integral to our companies values and behavious.
- To perform tasks in a professional manner to a suitable standard to meet both Client and Mitie expectations
Compliance with Health and Safety policy/legislation
To undertake routine PPM tasks in accordance with the SFG20 framework
To undertake reactive maintenance and electrical repairs as required
To undertake minor new works and complete required certification as necessary
To attend site meetings or training when required
To be proactive when on site
To be willing to undertake other duties inline with contract deliverables
To co-operate with other Mitie disciplines for the provision of multi-discipline services where required
Procure materials and equipment to carry out works through the Supervisor or Manager
Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal hours with additional remuneration
To be part of a callout rota with additional remuneration
Supporting contract mobilisation & change management
Maximise the use and compliance to the mobile technology (Smartphone)
Management of financial procedures & delivery efficiencies
Adherence & Promotion of the company & department mission vision & values
Assist the site team in ensuring that all Statutory and Legislative requirements are achieved/adhered to for the site
To ensure clients operational procedures are adhered to at all times
Obtain appropriate authorisation for access into restricted areas from the client’s representative as and when required.
Complete risk assessments and worksheets for works undertaken and obtain authorisation from the Clients representative
Requirement to Work at Heights and will be expected to undertake all climbing courses including advanced climbing and tower rescue, rooftop safety and access, RF training.
- Requirement to work either as part of a team or individually task dependent
They should have the following:
C&G 236 Part 1 & 2
BS7671 Electrical Regulations 18th edition.
C&G 2391 Electrical inspection and Testing (desired)
Ideally served a recognised trade training scheme
Ability to undertake all facets of maintenance and installation requirements as required within the scope of the contract including climbing once all courses have been completed.
Experience within the Telecoms industry or a understanding of the industry
Please note, all successful candidates, if not already qualified, will be put through training to reach an approved standard to work safely at height and/or climbable structures.
Due the climbing requirement of the role, all employment is subject to passing a medical assessment that we will arrange in advance.
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.