Be part of something amazing. Join Wilson James.
Wilson James provides services to some of the world's most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
People are our greatest asset, we employ more than 5,000 brilliant people across security, construction logistics and aviation services.
We care and we do the right thing. As an employer of choice, we focus on wellbeing, training and career progression.
We celebrate diversity. With more than 75 nationalities represented in the Wilson James family, we are a truly inclusive company, a truly exciting place to be.
We have come a long way over the last 25 years and we have an amazing journey ahead of us, so please join us and be a part of that exciting journey!
Wilson James are seeking an enthusiastic Mobile Security Officer to provide general security of the site, access and egress control and other procedures that meet customer requirements and comply with the Assignment Instructions. To provide a level of service that meets customer care requirements and carry out other duties as agreed between the customer and Wilson James. To strive to meet the spirit and level of performance expressed in Wilson James Core Values.
The successful applicant must have a valid SIA and UK driving licence, please ensure this is included on your CV, otherwise you will not be considered for interview.
- Through compliance checks and handover ensure the vehicle is roadworthy and fit for purpose
- Make rounds of inspection at fixed intervals and report in by means of radio or other devices.
- Support Gatehouse duties and other site specific deployments
- To be alert to potential hazards; check for fire and flood; ensure all windows and doors are closed and locked. Report any serious incident (e.g. flood, fire or theft) to the Control Room immediately.
- Follow emergency and evacuation procedures; assist in the searching of site / buildings in accordance with set procedures.
- Monitor and respond to CCTV and Intruder/Access alarms.
- Prevent the admittance to the premises of unauthorised persons.
- Provide a visible deterrent.
- Pro-actively patrol the dock estate, reporting incidents and observations in a timely manner.
- Report damage to perimeter fencing or other property or buildings which compromise security.
- Remain alert and vigilant to activity on the site to ensure risks are minimised through prompt action, end to end investigation and reporting.
- Investigate suspicious persons or vehicles immediately, report to the Supervisor and Police when the situation is perceived as an emergency.
- Investigate alarm activation's as per site procedures.
- Monitor and control access to site during emergencies.
- Receive, direct and escort emergency services and other offsite parties.
- Maintain a healthy and safe place of work, ensuring all posts are in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Work in accordance with:
- Wilson James policies, site procedures and training provided
- Wilson James core values:
- We are fair and honest in all our activities;
- We treat each other with dignity and respect;
- We are responsible for all our actions and accountable for their consequences;
- We have an environment that enables and supports effective communication;
- We will continuously develop safe systems of work to ensure no-one is placed at risk on our workplaces.
- Customer policies
- Carry out any other reasonable request as required by your Line Manager or the Customer
- Valid SIA licence (Door Supervisor or Security Guard)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Basic IT Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure
- First Aid at Work Certification
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.
8.72 - 8.72 per hour
see job spec
see job spec