Our People Are Our Greatest Resource
Mobile Plant Operative (Recycling Operative) - Bargeddie
Salary - Competitive + Benefits
At Viridor, we're investing in state-of-the-art recycling facilities, allowing for a wider range of products to be recycled. Our Materials Recycling Facilities (MRFs) are some of the biggest and most advanced of their kind in Europe. Our MRFs across the UK use a combination of advanced mechanical sorting and manual quality control to separate materials into individual streams, ready to be put back to work. Our investment in technology allows us to operate at the highest quality, environmental, energy efficiency and health and safety standards.
Our MRF in Bargeddie is currently undergoing construction and is central to Scotland's ambition to deliver a zero waste, circular economy which encourages waste reduction, boosts recycling and recovers vital renewable energy from what remains while also reducing taxpayer exposure to costly landfill levies.
We are now looking to recruit Mobile Plant Operatives (Recycling Operatives) to join our new team at Bargeddie. This role will be offered on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, working 38.5 hours a week.
Our Mobile Plant Operatives (Recycling Operatives) are responsible for safely sort and separate waste types into various streams, operate static and mobile plant and generally assist in the operations of the site, as directed by the Production Manager / Production Supervisor using best possible practices. In addition, this role will involve:
- Assisting in the day to day operations of the RWT plant, and as required other areas of the site operations in accordance with site licence and contractual conditions.
- Safely and competently operating fixed and mobile plant - Front End Loading Shovel, 360 Grab, Forklift Truck.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of all working areas and the plant operated
The ideal Mobile Plant Operative (Recycling Operative) will have:
- Previous experience of using moving Plant
- Ability to recognise different types of waste streams and types
- Internal assessment / CITB qualification Forklift Truck License
- 360 Grab Operator License
- A good team player with the ability to keep to timescales and deadlines where applicable
We are offering the successful Mobile Plant Operative (Recycling Operative) a competitive salary and benefits.
It is essential to have a full UK driving license for this role.
We're pleased to be working in partnership with the Clyde Valley Waste Partners to treat and dispose of household waste, that would otherwise go to landfill, from East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire Councils.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£Competitive + Benefits