Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
Galliford Try FM are looking for a Mobile Operative/Handyperson to be based between our sites throughout Kent mainly covering 7 sites on our Extra Homes for All project.
The primary aim of the Mobile Operative/Handyperson to the Kent EHFA project is to be responsible for the overall provision of minor day to day repairs for the facilities within the project, carry out minor PPM works, including on site supervision of any specialist contractors carrying out services, PPM, or variations to the facilities.
- Carry out general building and engineering repairs including first fix response as required
- Carry out minor health and safety and PPM maintenance (fire systems, emergency lighting, fire appliances, water systems, and sprinkler systems) and the completion of associated documentation for record purposes.
- Attend any tasks issued for which the post holder has the necessary competency, knowledge and skills to undertake
- Undertake tasks issued by the customer support centre (Helpdesk) and to work with, and provide information relating to technical matters, as directed by GTFM management.
- To accept progress and complete accurately all works allocated via a portable electronic device and update all tasks in a timely manner
- Carry out and complete all works to high quality standards and in a competent manner in accordance with Galliford Try health and safety standards, clients policies and procedures and with the property being left in a clean and tidy condition
- Carry our site inductions for contractors employed by GTFM and liaise with contractors to ensure they operate in accordance with submitted risk assessments and method statements whilst carrying out works
- Participate in and respond to out of hour’s issues and emergencies at the facilities within the project as part of a list of nominated contacts
- As this is a mobile position, a company vehicle will be provided for use whilst traveling whilst on GTFM business and will be fitted with a GPS tracking device
- Attend Tool-Box-Talks, training and meetings as directed by GTFM management
- Liaison with local Scheme Managers and other client representatives
- The operative will be required to act in a courteous and respectful manor when working for Galliford Try
- Participate in skills workshops to the tenants of the facilities
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience working in a building services/maintenance role
- Excellent customer service
- Previous experience of working within a team
- Basic knowledge and understanding of IT/tablets would be advantageous
- Enhanced DBS check is essential
- As well as working a core 42.5 hour the post holder will be required to participate in the out of hours call out rota
- Travel required throughout the county of Kent (a company van will be provided)
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
Galliford Try Facilities Management (GTFM) has been providing customer focused Facilities and Property Management service solutions for over 15 years. We provide Total FM, Hard FM and Lifecycle services to both Public and Private sector clients nationally.
We utilise Computer Aided Facilities Management system technology to provide the most efficient service available for delivery of planned and reactive FM services.The key to our success has been working in partnership with our clients to deliver outstanding services that ensure value enhancement of the properties they entrust to us through exceptional people in accordance with our vision:
‘To be recognised as the Partner that best understands our customers’ vision, delivering tailored solutions with people at the heart of our services’
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.