Explore Plant and Transport Solutions are currently recruiting for an experienced and professional Class 2 Concrete Mixer Driver operating out of Leicester.
The purpose of the role will be to operate at various locations locally and nationally.
Successful candidates will hold a HGV/LGV licence. Previous mixer experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided. In addition, a MPQC skills card is desirable.
The current shift pattern is a minimum of 46 hours per week and some Saturday morning work is required. The nature of the work is nationwide; therefore, nights out will be required on occasions.
- Daily perform of pre and post-trip safety check on equipment and the truck to assure a safe vehicle. Document any maintenance that may be required.
- Adhere to customer Health and Safety instructions by dispatch/ plant personnel, when truck under loading hopper.
- Assembly of concrete chute to truck controlling appropriate levers on truck to discharge product according to specifications from the contractor/ site.
- Appropriate, wash out truck at the job site (Where permitted) and replace chute on truck after delivery to prevent cement from hardening in mixer and on truck. (Drum and Vehicle maintenance) TFR/ACID
- Daily Maintenance of Greasing (Rollers PTO and Chute)
- Be able to work and communicate with immediate customers and suppliers and internal staff.
- All POD’s completed correctly and accounted for.
- HGV/LGV/C+E/CLASS 1 OR 2 held for at 12 months minimum
- Have no more than 6 points on your licence (NO DR,DD OR IN codes )
- Possess a digital tachograph card and full CPC
- EPIC Card
- MPQC Card
- Sound understanding of EU Driver Hours regulations & Working Time Directive and wider transport related legislation
- Previous commercial truck driving experience is preferred.
- Have construction logistics knowledge / experience (Desirable
- Maintain high industry standards of Health and Safety.
In return, we offer competitive rates of pay, guaranteed hours, monthly bonus scheme (subject to performance objectives), direct employment, pension, employee life and accident cover and PPE.