Do you want to make a difference within your local community? We are looking for a Military Support Coordinator to join our clients team supporting unpaid carers and impacting positively on their lives?
Position: Military Support Coordinator (Carer Support Worker)
Location Wiltshire based at Semington/ Salisbury Offices
Hours: 18.5 hours per week including occasional evening and weekend work
Salary: £21 589 - £23 836 pro rata
Contract: 12 months initially
Benefits: 28 days' holiday in addition to bank holidays, 5% employer contribution to pension, free annual eye tests.
Closing Date: Monday 5th August 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 8th August 2019
The Military Carer Support Worker will work with the military community, civilian agencies and training providers. They will ensure that carers in armed forces families are supported to achieve the same outcomes as carers in civilian communities and to provide personalised support, advice and information to adult carers in serving military families who are caring for a relative, friend or neighbour who has an illness or disability.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Working alongside adult carers in serving military families to enable them to achieve goals and develop action and support plans
- Facilitating groups for carers on a regular basis
- Delivering a range of carer services, including carer clinics, groups and access to training
- Linking with military welfare services and local agencies to increase identification, assessment and access to services for carers in military families
- Establishing and developing links with education and training providers to support skills development and work experience opportunities for military carers, increasing employment opportunities at transition points
- Working with volunteer coordinators to recruit volunteers to support military carers
The Military Carer Support Worker will have a willingness to learn and bring with them:
- Experience of supporting service personnel and their families or personal experience of life in the services
- Experience of working with people with vulnerabilities e.g. mental health, substance misuse, domestic violence, where English is not first language
- An understanding of carers' issues and their rights
- Knowledge of multiagency working, including: whole family assessments, liaising with other multi agencies.
- A good understanding of military life and services either through professional or personal experience
- The ability to use IT and databases to: manage time effectively, prioritise cases, record information gathered through assessments
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. They are also a Mindful employer and operate carer-friendly policies. All successful candidates will be subject to Safeguarding checks along with other relevant employment checks.
About the Organisation
Our client helps carers access services, information, education and training, respite, and breaks from their caring role. They ensure they have a voice that is heard and work with health and social care professionals and employers to raise carer awareness and develop best practice.
You may have experience in Care Liaison Officer, Carer, Support Worker, Care Coordinator, Support Coordinator, Military Support.