Middleweight Copywriter - Editions financial - Edinburgh
Editions Financial is an Edinburgh-based strategic content marketing agency with an impressive client roster of blue chip clients across the global financial services sector.
Established in 1996, the agency has experienced a sustained period of growth and is now looking to expand its award-winning team with the appointment of a Middleweight Copywriter.
The agency is looking for a proactive and resourceful writer - preferably with financial services experience (but not essential) - who knows their commas from their semi-colons. If you know how to evaluate a piece of work against a brief and can spot the deliberate typos in this ad, then we want to hear from you.
The role will play an important part in the growing Editions Financial Editorial team. Supporting the Director of Editorial Strategy, the Middleweight Writer will help ensure the smooth delivery of high-quality editorial content according to our clients’ requirements
Adept at writing short-, long- and micro-form content, they will write, review and evaluate editorial to a level that ensures client satisfaction is consistently high
The successful applicant will also be somebody who is capable of being a champion of excellent editorial. Approachable and amiable, they will be able to explain editorial concepts clearly and succinctly.
Producing editorial content and ‘copy’
- Work with the agency team (account team and studio) to establish clients’ core message and target audiences
- Undertake all preparatory work required prior to interviewing clients or client customers or contacts.
- Conduct professional and time-efficient interviews with contributors
- Write copy to the Editions Financial high standard. Assets will include blogs, features, scripts, edit logs, ecomms and social posts
- Proofread copy drafts and submit to client according to approval protocols
Copy commissioning and supplier management
- Support the Editorial Director of Strategy in identifying suppliers, screening them for suitability and negotiating writing fees and terms
- Help brief agency and external writers on project requirements and ensuring management of projects allocated to them.
- Sub-edit third party submissions in line with a client’s tone-of-voice and established style requirements.
Review and evaluation
- Support the Editorial Director of Strategy by evaluating agency work before delivery to clients
- Lead workshops on brief creation and work closely with teams to ensure that works comes to review client-ready
Client presentations and pitches
- Contribute to the development of creative proposals for client and prospect presentations and pitches
- Liaise with the account team and studio, as required, in order to ensure the best creative outcome of a project
- Provide sub-editing support during the design process, as required
Budget and schedule management
- Ensure all content projects are delivered on brief, on time and on budget, using well-defined and clear internal/external briefing, scheduling and ongoing communications
- Provide weekly status reporting within account team (WiP) and, externally, for the client, as required
Leading by example
- Run workshops/clinics on editorial elements such as tone-of-voice, structure, and guidelines
What you will bring:
- Strong copywriting experience within and fast paced agency or content marketing environment
- Appreciation for content marketing principles, techniques and effectiveness and ability to produce and productively critique editorial content
- High standards of written and spoken English and polished presentation skills
- Ability to proofread effectively – high level of skill in English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheet, presentation. Ability to adapt to in-house project management systems
- Highly creative and imaginative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to co-ordinate a variety of writing projects across multiple clients or client contacts
- Ability to work under pressure