Euromoney, the leading title for the global banking and finance industry, is looking to hire a new Editor to lead its coverage of the Middle East.
Finance in the Middle East is at a fascinating juncture, as its economies move from oil-dependency to deeper, more professional markets. Banks in the region are at the forefront of that change; banks outside the region are keen to take advantage of new opportunities there.
The Middle East has been a core part of Euromoney’s coverage throughout its 50 years. The Middle East Editor will build on our unrivalled set of high-level contacts across the region to ensure we capture the opportunities and challenges in the region through unique, agenda-setting coverage across all our media platforms.
As well as producing and commissioning written content, the Middle East Editor will play an important role in setting agendas for our many market-leading conferences in the region, hosting panel discussions and keynote interviews at the events. They will also contribute to and develop our growing rich media content.
- Lead Euromoney’s Middle East editorial coverage, from breaking news, in-depth analysis, opinion to feature pieces
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the region: bank CEOs and their senior management teams, finance ministers and central bank governors, other leading financial service providers including sovereign wealth funds and financial centres
- Collaborate with the wider editorial division on global initiatives and sharing ideas and approaches
- Work with internal stakeholders to maximise readership of Middle East coverage, through social media and audience engagement
- Deliver live interviews, panel facilitation and key note speeches at events Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience within financial journalism. Knowledge of Middle East markets is an advantage but not essential for the right candidate
- A track record of writing high-quality copy with unique angles and insight
- Experience interviewing leading figures in the financial services industry
- Previous tenure in setting the news agenda
- Experience and enthusiasm for hosting panels and conducting live interviews at events
- Excellent written and spoken English Candidate Attributes
- A real interest in understanding the financial services markets
- Attention to detail and a meticulous fact checker
- Ability to travel frequently and sometimes at short notice
- A roll your sleeves up attitude to Editorial
- Comfort working independently
- A creative thinker, delivering coverage that has content, insight and angles that have not appeared elsewhere