Mid Weight Digital Engineer
£31,000 - 35,000pa
The focus of the mid-weight engineer within the digital and innovation team is to take vertical ownership of the whole software stack including support, monitoring and full operational responsibility. The mid-weight engineer will work closely with product managers and the wider engineering team to deliver resilient and engaging digital products that are secure, scalable and operationally efficient.
- Vertically own the engineering stack by:
- Supporting product managers and stakeholders in the continuous delivery and operation of digital products.
- Implementing and supporting scalable monitoring systems and practices across the engineering team.
- Architecting scalable and resilient systems in line with our intensive load requirements.
- Assuming operational responsibility of the stack and ensuring it’s resilience at both peak and non-peak demand.
- Contribute to an environment where best practices can be discussed and implemented with a team that is that fully brought into the process.
- Integration of new technologies and concepts into the engineering stack, upskilling the team where necessary to handle the changes.
- Working alongside product managers to help gather requirements, design new products and services, ensuring that said products and services meet their needs.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Experience of modern website development process using NodeJS and React to provide robust software applications and architectures.
- Experience of modern database technologies, such as MySQL and DynamoDB.
- Experience of queuing technologies, such as SQS and RabbitMQ.
- Proven track record of using industry standard tooling to deliver applications and services.
- An appreciation and understanding of modern cloud providers with a proven knowledge of the implementation of SaaS products. With an awareness of AWS technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFront, S3 and Route53.
- A background within continuous integration and continuous delivery, with a drive to automate as much repetitive process as possible with an aim to deliver consistent and stable applications.
- Experience of working with and designing / delivering well documented and scalable RESTful API’s.
- Working within an agile team, managing expectations and delivering strong digital offerings.
- Ability to clearly explain complex engineering concepts and ideas at both a technical and non-technical level.
- A curious mindset, with the drive to test new ideas and concepts and integrate them within a team into the engineering process.
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Role closes - 12:00pm, 4th Dec 2019 GMT (Europe/London)