As a Momentum Design Lab Product UI/UX Designer, you’ll ensure the work we produce is effective and intelligent while working with a team of other software product designers and developers. You will be responsible for creating better, more forward-thinking work. We need someone ready to lead research and strategy, information architecture, and interaction design to create bleeding edge graphical user interfaces on multiple platforms.
You’ll collaborate closely with clients throughout the entire lifecycle of the project. To succeed, you’ll need to have an eye for details and keep an eye on the big picture. You can be excited to work as part of a team or tackling challenges on your own in creating rad products for innovative and exciting brands.
This role is based in Moorgate/City of London
What you’ll be doing
You’ll obsess over the details and develop concepts for enterprises and start-up’s alike. We craft pixel-perfect systems with compelling form and simple function. You’ll bring ease of use to complex ideas in Fortune 100 enterprises and emerging start-ups alike.
We move quickly but also have enough time and space to create broad, innovative ideas. You will help to shape the next generation of the internet that has real social impact.
- A heavy emphasis on user interface design for software products
- Great eye and passionate for visual design
- Define visual interfaces that adhere to and extend the defined wireframes and specifications
- Create and communicate end-to-end scenarios, interaction models, and screen designs to clients and executives
- Collaborate with other designers to evangelize new interface guidelines and design patterns
- Actively seek to understand business requirements to develop solutions
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Work with project management to create digital experiences on time and on budget
- Ability to think beyond the user interface to touch brands and marketing
- Portfolio demonstrating your experience in software application design
- Minimum 2 years of UX or you’re really good
- Ability to clearly express yourself both in person and on paper (or a dry erase board if that’s your thing)
- Comfortable presenting your work to clients and working with feedback
- Nice to have: strong grasp of HTML & CSS
- Experience with creating user stories, doing research, and creating user personas is preferable
- Core Contribution—Small team means big impact. Every team member’s contribution has a tremendous impact on the project and our clients
- Autonomy—Our staff own their work and you will have autonomy over how to get it done
- Project Diversity—In a months span you may work on the next mobile social network, internet of things product, ad platform or financial services product
- Occasional travel to clients from around the world, we often conduct our project kick offs on-site
- Kegerator and a kitchen full of snacks
Who We Are
Momentum is a 15 year old and close-knit team of designers based in the New York, Silicon Valley, and London. Our team is founded and managed by UI/UX Designers for the past 15 years. We have been designing and building solutions for web, mobile, automobile, TV, consumer electronics and other “Internet of Things” devices. Our global customers span names like LiveNation, Verifone, AT&T, Sony Playstation and Hasbro; as well as early to late stage startups like Scality, Krux Digital, Liftopia and Gracenote. We value a collaborative and family friendly work environment.