A 4-year-old start-up working within the Life Sciences and backed by a network of influential super angles is now looking for a Middleweight Front End Developer to join their team. The company is building a next generation data platform for importing, integrating, processing, linking, visualizing, exploring and analysing biological data across multiple sources/types into a common frame of reference. Thus, enabling clients to safely leverage all their data assets to create new deep insights, build predictive foresight and share findings with stakeholders.
They are looking for passionate and motivated team players to join their mission. You will be joining an interdisciplinary team of talented developers and scientists from a diverse set of backgrounds but with a shared vision for the company. Their Frontend team is dedicated to creating an extensible, well-structured frontend codebase with team defined coding standards and a collaborative mentality. Utilising tools and frameworks that fit their requirements, not just the latest trends. They work closely with the product team to ensure they have a cohesive design system using Storybook. This provides the ability for them to 'play' with the components, improve them and create new ones without affecting the platform directly.
The business is a family first company and they promote flexible working. They actively encourage home working, especially during these times and also promote a positive family environment for both your family and the work family.
- Work closely with colleagues in a cross-functional engineering team to develop and maintain the platform
- Create bespoke and flexible UI interfaces using React.
- Interact with API's and have a good understanding of their underlying technology.
- Initiate and contribute to continuous delivery processes and practices.
- Good understanding of data structures and associated visualisations.
- Have a good understanding of UX principles to enable the team to provide the best experience to our users.
- Deliver readable, maintainable and testable code.
- Maintain some legacy code.
- Good experience using React
- Proficient in HTML, CSS
- 2 + years of hands-on experience in developing user interfaces and web applications preferably working within a team
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Positive and productive team member with a willingness to be flexible in your working practices and respond to the dynamic environment of a rapidly growing start-up
- Ability to present your work and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal staff, clients and third-party vendors
- Able to work within an Agile delivery environment within a multi-functional team
- Experience in automated testing of web user interfaces creatively and effectively
- Experience with testing
- Python experience
- Docker experience
The company values their developers as people as well as employees. They want you to grow and learn and so they would be delighted to support you to attend courses, conferences, or anything else that would benefit you or your team. They also offer a very attractive benefits package including 24 days annual leave, private health care, dental treatment, gym membership & private pension.
- Initial screening call with Head of Technology
- Telephone meeting with several members of the engineering team focussed on technical knowledge and providing insights on the team itself.
- Technical Test
- Telephone meeting with team to ask general questions.
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY to send your CV for immediate consideration. Please include links to your portfolio on your CV.
The company is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.