Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources more sustainably. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this job
We are looking for a Method Developer/Technical Expert to join our Product Metabolism and Analytical Sciences (PMAS) team in Jealotts Hill, Bracknell. You will use your experience to provide expertise in solving analytical problems and delivering innovative technical solutions in the development of residue analytical methods which underpin the global residue field trial programme.
PMAS are an experienced team of scientists, who provide a global service, working alongside colleagues in Product Safety.Dependent on your experience you may be involved in project teams, working with regulatory to share your expertise, or this is something you could develop into as your experience grows.
You will be accountable for:
- Development of fit-for-purpose analytical methods for use in GLP residue analysis primarily in support of the Human Safety and Environmental Safety platforms.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of relevant global regulatory guidance documents and the regulatory environment.
- Expert working knowledge of state-of-the-art quantitative analytical instrumentation with particular emphasis on mass spectroscopic techniques.
- Managing residue method development studies placed with external CROs to ensure delivery of data of the appropriate quality to time and cost.
- Independently providing expert technical assistance to internal and external customers, and where appropriate, to facilitate transfer of technical know-how.
- Participate in PMAS project teams & interpret results for use by project teams.
- Taking responsibility for managing part of the group’s facilities and technical capability enhancement.
- Providing expertise and support for students undertaking research in industrial-academic collaborations.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in operational/ delivery processes and lead or contribute to the delivery of these improvements.
- The role has scope for individual flexibility in delivering combinations of these responsibilities.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Due to the nature of our work you will have a minimum of a degree (or equivalent) in a chemistry- or analytical chemistry-based discipline.
- Experience of quantitative residue analysis in the environmental fate or dietary safety disciplines.
- Experience of sample processing and clean-up techniques.
- A strong laboratory orientated, analytical background, preferably with experience of quantitative LC-MS/MS, GC-MS and general trace level analysis.
Syngenta will offer:
- Campus environment.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Up to 31.5 days holiday.
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees.